THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 03, 2008, 10:00pm   #1
michaelho
Flop Artist

michaelho is on a distinguished road
Default [50NL] TT C/R ai river.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

UTG ($59.60)
UTG+1 ($47.05)
MP1 ($50.45)
MP2 ($72.55)
Hero ($85.20)
Button ($60.10)
SB ($68.05)
BB ($48.85)

Preflop: Hero is CO with , .
4 folds, Hero raises to $2, Button calls $2, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) , , (2 players)
Hero bets $3.25, Button calls $3.25.

Turn: ($11.25) (2 players)
Hero bets $7, Button calls $7.

River: ($25.25) (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $19.5, Hero raises to $72.95, Button calls $28.35 (All-In).

Final Pot: $120.95

Thoughts?

Villian was playing: 15/5/1.87

We just had a similar hand where i did a double barrel, just took the same line.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

MP1 ($59.60)
MP2 ($47.05)
CO ($50.45)
Button ($72.55)
Hero ($99.70)
BB ($49.50)
UTG ($64.80)
UTG+1 ($49.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with , .
6 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4) , , (2 players)
Hero bets $3, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($10) (2 players)
Hero bets $7, BB calls $7.

River: ($24) (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $24

He had T9o on this
michaelho est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 03, 2008, 10:38pm   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I like both hands. But I'm not sure if check raising river is better than just leading out.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2008, 10:43pm   #3
Drewbles
Doyle Look-alike

Drewbles is on a distinguished road

I don't really like it. Even with the history of you double barreling and giving up. I just dont think he bets a 9 here on the river when you check, and you really would look dumb if you had to show down your rivered set when he checks behind. There arent any busted draws he can bluff with either. I would just bet for value. He seems like a complete station that would call 3 streets with a 9. I think you got lucky and he hit 2p on the river so the check raise was successful, but I would just value bet him to death here and not try to be tricky.
Old Mar 03, 2008, 10:59pm   #4
michaelho
Flop Artist

Drewbles how much do you bet on the river?
Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:03pm   #5
imtb
Brunson

imtb is on a distinguished road

pot size is always good

btw what about the hand#1...result?

hand#2: The ace on the river is a scare card for him, u should have bet it. i mean, why do u bet the queen on the turn but not the river ace? what do u put him on? flush draw, small pair, set, 2 pair....... You could have represented AK...

Last edited by imtb; Mar 03, 2008 at 11:10pm.
imtb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:08pm   #6
michaelho
Flop Artist

wait i want more opinions hehe, btw if i bet the pot on the river and if he just call I'm missing value or not?
Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:08pm   #7
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbles View Post
I don't really like it. Even with the history of you double barreling and giving up. I just dont think he bets a 9 here on the river when you check, and you really would look dumb if you had to show down your rivered set when he checks behind. There arent any busted draws he can bluff with either. I would just bet for value. He seems like a complete station that would call 3 streets with a 9. I think you got lucky and he hit 2p on the river so the check raise was successful, but I would just value bet him to death here and not try to be tricky.

But the thing is, what 9x hand calls the river? I mean even an A got there. And if no 1 pair hand calls, only 2 pair hands call, and those will bet if checked to anyway, meaning we lose no value.

Actually I'm not sure what's better, because I almost never c/r rivers. But this is certainly not bad here.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:13pm   #8
imtb
Brunson

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelho View Post
wait i want more opinions hehe, btw if i bet the pot on the river and if he just call I'm missing value or not?
and if he checks behind?

Regarding c/r:

I think c/r is only appropriate if u know your opponent

Last edited by imtb; Mar 03, 2008 at 11:18pm.
Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:16pm   #9
michaelho
Flop Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtb View Post
and if he checks behind?
if this happens i believe he wasn't going to call a PSB, I mean if he think he got the best hand he at least bet $10 all the time imho. btw, what do you people put him on?

T9 is near to impossible, imho. just because I have two tens and one just hit the board.
Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:19pm   #10
imtb
Brunson

7,8^^

Many players like to check behind with weak TPs or middle, bottom pairs to avoid raises....and they would call a bet(depends on the strengh of their hand=how much)

I mean, if u dont know the player, i think, u have to valuebet there!!!

Last edited by imtb; Mar 03, 2008 at 11:23pm.