THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:40pm   #11
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtb View Post
: The ace on the river is a scare card for him, u should have bet it. i mean, why do u bet the queen on the turn but not the river ace? what do u put him on? flush draw, small pair, set, 2 pair....... You could have represented AK...
But the A hits the villain as well. He could have very well made 2 pair with or hit it with Axhh.

If we bet the river A our target range is way too small compared to his likely calling range.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:44pm   #12
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

That river bet is very interesting on his part there. Because normally when you go to induce a bluff bet on the river, especially in a full ring game it is not an 80% pot bet, especially given the size of the in relation to the blinds. Personally I would just lead there, but your check/raise really is not bad, especially if I know he is going to bet that much of the pot on the end. The second hand is fine also.
Old Mar 03, 2008, 11:59pm   #13
imtb
Brunson

imtb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
But the A hits the villain as well. He could have very well made 2 pair with or hit it with Axhh.

If we bet the river A our target range is way too small compared to his likely calling range.
aha ok. But what about the Queen on the turn. Is it OK to bet it there? I feel like, if he decides to bluff this turn(high card), then he has to follow it through... So it seems to me like burned money on the turn.
Old Mar 04, 2008, 12:01am   #14
michaelho
Flop Artist

michaelho is on a distinguished road

What do you people think about his range?

Board: 5c 9s 6d Ks Tc
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 42.857% 42.86% 00.00% 36 0.00 { TT }
Hand 1: 57.143% 57.14% 00.00% 48 0.00 { 99, 66-55, T9s, 87s, T9o, 87o }

Do you people agree putting this guy in that range?

Last edited by michaelho; Mar 04, 2008 at 12:12am.
michaelho est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2008, 1:04am   #15
AceSweaty
Grinder

AceSweaty is on a distinguished road

I like the river check-raise here when up against a lot of opponents who seem to nearly always bet at signs of weakness on the later streets.

However, is this one of those players? I think the second hand you posted would be my reason not to try it here. From what you've posted it seems that you're unsure that he's

1) an aggressive player
2) that he's thinking about your holdings v much.
3) got a hand worthy of betting at you or calling your re-raise

I've got a similar river c/r hand which I'm unsure about but I think another the main differences are the nature of the player and the hand range.

This is a particularly difficult one because of his call on the turn when the king fell, which does help justify your play because if you're convinced he'll stack off to a check raise if he has the K then this is nice.
I think I only dislike the play here because from what's posted there doesn't seem to be any evidence that he will step up the aggression in light of what he should've learnt from past hands with you.

Last edited by AceSweaty; Mar 04, 2008 at 1:06am.
AceSweaty est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2008, 11:28pm   #16
michaelho
Flop Artist

michaelho is on a distinguished road

well, results:

he had 55 and start crying about my bad play...
michaelho est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 1:16am   #17
Drewbles
Doyle Look-alike

Drewbles is on a distinguished road

Bubbleboy and Ishbu have good points as usual. I still like to lead out here, especially now for future hands because you have a new note on him that hes completely passive. Although I don't hate the check raise as much as I did before if the opponent is aggressive.

And to answer your earlier question, I would lead for slightly over half pot.