John_Doe_84 is at seat 2 with $47.25.
HeavyJ88 is at seat 3 with $133.07.
Bobtop is at seat 4 with $24.40.
@@Clarence@@ is at seat 5 with $46.65.
FrenchFlair is at seat 6 with $16.65.
Post Blinds:
The button is at seat 3.
Bobtop posts the small blind of $0.25.
@@Clarence@@ posts the big blind of $0.50.
Deal Pocket Cards:
hurtchow: Ac Ah
John_Doe_84: -- --
HeavyJ88: -- --
Bobtop: -- --
@@Clarence@@: -- --
FrenchFlair: -- --
Pre-flop:
FrenchFlair folds.
hurtchow raises $2.50.
John_Doe_84 folds.
HeavyJ88 calls $2.50.
Bobtop calls $2.25.
@@Clarence@@ folds.

Flop (Kc 3d Js):
Bobtop raises $8.75.
hurtchow calls $8.75.
HeavyJ88 calls $8.75.

Turn (Kc 3d Js 8h):
Bobtop raises $13.15 and is all in.
hurtchow calls $13.15.
HeavyJ88 calls $13.15.

River (Kc 3d Js 8h 4s):
hurtchow checks.
HeavyJ88 checks.

Here's why I ask, if I want to re-raise the flop, I'm going to have to put in pretty much my entire stack, because I'll be pot commited no matter what. A flop with two broadway cards isn't the greatest for aces. It's difficult to tell where you are. Flame away.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 04, 2008, 6:30pm   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I play this the same.

fold river if he bets after your check (I didn't count it, but if its more than 1/2)

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2008, 7:01pm   #3
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it is, it looks to be about $50 into a $75 pot left on the river. I kinda like how you played this by the way, but it's pretty tough to know where you are when people on Everest just mash the pot button constantly and make weird big leads in multiway pots and stuff. Now that I think of it, I actually might like a flop raise better since the guy leading into you only has half a stack, and you can make an easy fold if the guy behind you shoves over the top. But I'm not entirely sure about it.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2008, 7:04pm   #4
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I dont think you want to fold out the guy behind you on the flop if he has a K. Moreover you don't want to slowdown the pot button masher.

Old Mar 04, 2008, 7:09pm   #5
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Hmm after the hand was over I felt like I should have raised the flop, but that was results oriented thinking.

The pot masher had J4o, the other guy who was calling had QTo.
Old Mar 04, 2008, 7:27pm   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

best play vs those hands really, nothing to second guess

Old Mar 04, 2008, 7:55pm   #7
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Looks fine to me. Got to love the games at Everest.
Old Mar 05, 2008, 4:57am   #8
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Yeah they're okay when my hands hold up... FEHO:SFHOJ:FH
Old Mar 05, 2008, 2:10pm   #9
imtb
Brunson

imtb is on a distinguished road

why dont u raise the flop? And the turn isnt a scare card as well.....against such idiots u godda push it....
Old Mar 05, 2008, 2:29pm   #10
strewgs
Doyle Look-alike

strewgs

Push is fine if you want to win the pot right then and there but as stated above why would you want to slow down a guy that is abusing the bet pot button like its his job. I don't think its slowplaying as much as keeping your customers around. Sure they might get lucky once and a while but if you're unsure of your hand and don't want to commit your stack, you still have a pretty decent chance of winning a large pot here without risking everything on one pair.
strewgs est déconnecté   Reply With Quote