THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Mar 04, 2008, 8:18pm   #1
TheCleaner77
Doyle Look-alike

TheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to TheCleaner77 Send a message via Skype™ to TheCleaner77
Default set slowplayed, turns to full against a lower one

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players

MP2: $2.42
CO: $5.68
BTN: $3.93
SB: $6
BB: $1.10
UTG: $9.95
TheCleaner77 (UTG+1): $7.65
MP1: $11.92

Pre-Flop: T:spade: T:diamond: dealt to TheCleaner77 (UTG+1)
UTG calls $0.05, TheCleaner77 raises to $0.25, 6 folds, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57) T:club: Q:heart: 4:diamond: (2 Players)
UTG checks, TheCleaner77 checks

Turn: ($0.57) T:club: Q:heart: 4:diamond: [ Q:spade: ] (2 Players)
UTG bets $0.40, TheCleaner77 calls $0.40

River: ($1.37) T:club: Q:heart: 4:diamond: Q:spade: [ 9:club: ] (2 Players)
UTG checks, TheCleaner77 bets $2.05, UTG raises to $6, TheCleaner77 raises to $7 and is All-In, UTG calls $1

Results: $15.37 Pot ($0.75 Rake)
UTG mucked 9:heart: 9:spade: and LOST (-$7.65 NET)
TheCleaner77 showed T:spade: T:diamond: (a full house, Tens full of Queens) and WON $14.62 (+$6.97 NET)

Actually, on the flop i thought my opponent has not much of a piece of the flop, maybe a lower pair because of his fast check, but then I thought he has a weak queen, I just thought he wanted to trap me with the turn bet, so I waited a little bit and then I just called, knowing to have the best hand and to get more money out of him by raising his river bet.
I thought I dont represent a queen and I think he didn´t put me on my flopped set.

That the river makes him a lower full house, that was REALLY lucky.When I look back, that was best card for me to come.

But if he had a higher pair or one queen, would I got more money by playing the same way (thats what I thought)
than betting on the flop and/or re-raising his turn bet??
TheCleaner77 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 04, 2008, 9:48pm   #2
imtb
Brunson

imtb is on a distinguished road

general advice....you are playing micro limits. dont put too much thought in it, just play your cards right.

Last edited by imtb; Mar 04, 2008 at 9:51pm.
imtb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2008, 9:55pm   #3
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

You made a 460bb mistake on this hand. In a game where you sometimes struggle to win more than 2bb per 100 hands, this is a significant mistake.

Learn.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2008, 10:25pm   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I dont get the 4600bb mistake part.

can you buyin for 200bb at these stakes ?

Anyway... Youre slowplaying at 5NL man. That can only be bad in my opinion. Im betting flop 100% of the time. Winning at poker is not about being fancy. Its about folding and playing big pots with big hands.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 3:17am   #5
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Uh, can we go for 4600BB? Sorry, about the mistake. It was 46 big blinds lost by not being at the full 200bb, $10 buy in.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 5:17am   #6
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

yeah I tought it was related to the buyin.

Being deep stack is just an other reason to bet bet bet bet bet. Man, you slowplayed 2 streets with a set at 5NL. Bad.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 2:20pm   #7
TheCleaner77
Doyle Look-alike

TheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to beholdTheCleaner77 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to TheCleaner77 Send a message via Skype™ to TheCleaner77

Yeah, slowplaying two streets isn´t good. I just got lucky with the nine on the river, thats true.

But I think , even in micro limits, you should practice and try to read your opponents hands,
and make certain moves (but i admit, this was a silly one).
TheCleaner77 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote