THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games

Old Mar 05, 2008, 9:18pm   #11
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

I think someone should respond to the OP.

I like smooth calling here and trapping him on the flop. If you 4bet him all in and he has any sense he will fold everything apart from the hand that beats you.

As you have position, you can call and let him cbet the flop and get another bet out of AK and hopefully trap QQ on a low flop. The only danger of smooth calling is an Ace appearing on the flop and making it diffcult for you to know where you are.

Of course all this is dependent upon your image, as you are medium stacked so he may not give you any respect on your 4bet shove and call with a wider range. So if you have been playing overly aggressive then you should shove but if you have been playing tight then I would look for the trap.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 05, 2008, 9:18pm   #12
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSPoker21 View Post
CODE RED.

Infiltrator, Infiltrator!

Quick, give him a slider! He won't know what to do with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 9:19pm   #13
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strewgs View Post
If its another AA v. KK cooler, so be it but for him to be on the good side of that twice in 20 hands 5-handed, I doubt it + he'd have probably smooth called again.
r u serious?

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 9:25pm   #14
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Mike makes teh funny.

As for the hand, best to 4-bet. Shove/4-bet small to your choice. Lots of flops could kill you.
Old Mar 05, 2008, 9:26pm   #15
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
r u serious?
LOL yeah seriously, the fact that he was in that situation only recently before clearly makes it less likely the situation has occurred again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 9:36pm   #16
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSPoker21 View Post
Mike makes teh funny.

As for the hand, best to 4-bet. Shove/4-bet small to your choice. Lots of flops could kill you.
Really? Like what? If he puts villian on TT-KK + AK there isn't much that comes out that kills him. An ace, perhaps, but more likely would kill action from a lower pp, and even then he is short stacked so might get a call. Any low flops and you are likely to double up against JJ+QQ.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2008, 12:00am   #17
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Really? Like what? If he puts villian on TT-KK + AK there isn't much that comes out that kills him, other than any card higher than a 9. This would likely would kill action from a lower pp or give our opponent a set, and he still has over 2x PSB in his stack and probably will get a fold from anything other than a set. 4-bet preflop, and you are likely to double up against JJ+QQ.
Took some work, but FYP imo
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2008, 1:09am   #18
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Really? Like what? If he puts villian on TT-KK + AK there isn't much that comes out that kills him. An ace, perhaps, but more likely would kill action from a lower pp, and even then he is short stacked so might get a call. Any low flops and you are likely to double up against JJ+QQ.
OP says Villain doesn't 3-bet much. Hero has KK. Hero is shortstacked. It's 6-max. The same 6-max in which people snap call with JJ+ with shortstacks. Pretty easy decision in my view.
Old Mar 06, 2008, 1:25pm   #19
strewgs
Doyle Look-alike

strewgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
r u serious?
I am serious for the record there Captain Sarcasm. Ya, I understand all the, each hand is independent from the last and so on and so on. But we do deal in percentages and probabilities don't we? Well the probability of facing AA with KK is 0.0196 at 5 handed. It would only stand to reason that this has to be more unlikely within the span of 20 hands, and take into account that the same player has AA both times. However to make the point moot, I'm fairly confident that given his stack vs. mine, he'd be smooth calling with the AA if he did have it again, trying to stack me from the flop as he did earlier to the other player.

So I guess what your implying is that we should forget about probabilities and patterns. 1) the probability of AA v. KK is very low and if it is the case here 2) that a guy that was just profitable playing a hand one way, is now going to play it differently. Sure both are possible but unlikely.

Thanks for answering the question too!
strewgs est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2008, 1:45pm   #20
strewgs
Doyle Look-alike

strewgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkeD View Post

Are you being serious?

Don't you know that the FL players are the nice guys around here - you obviously didn't understand what Boomer was joking about, so please don't make silly comments about him trying to boost his post count in the FL forum. i.e. A forum where he contributes more than just about anybody else does on this site.

For your information, there is a long-standing joke regarding the FL players trying to convert the NL players over to the minbet side. A harmless bit of banter, which obviously went straight over your head.

Plz to not get defensive when you get lost again. Many thanks.
Hey Boomer, sorry for missing the point of your joke....honest mistake and I don't know if you've ever read anything I've written here but I'd say 98% of it is polite and trying to be helpful. I don't put up a ton of hands and now I put one up and the 1st response is that I'm on the wrong side of an inside joke. I realized as soon as I hit post that I was in the wrong section, and clearly I was confused by your response.

Hey MikeD....OBVIOUSLY, I didn't understand the joke. I didn't realize it was ok for some people to make silly, useless posts and not others. I'll have to remember that, my bad. OBVIOUSLY, I don't read FL forums so I'm sure that the joke did go over my head. OBVIOUSLY, I forgot that you were Boomer's bodyguard, my bad again.
strewgs est déconnecté   Reply With Quote