SidMynrd bets [$16].
Holst76 calls [$16].
** Summary **
SidMynrd shows [ Qh Kh ].
Holst76 mucks.
SidMynrd collected [$78.43].

Overall, how is my line in this hand?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 05, 2008, 9:42pm   #2
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

I like it. A six shouldn't be in that hand unless it is pocket 6's. The only thing I might do different is check the river, hoping that AK would think he got his two streets of value and check behind. I'm quite surprised he called a river bet with something you beat. The only hand I could put him on is KJ. Even Ax c should be folding that river.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 10:34pm   #3
imtb
Brunson

imtb is on a distinguished road

his opponent had a PP(10s or JJs) or 89s....i bet. His flop raise seems like a test and on the turn, desperate attempt to push u off this hand. And on the river, he must have hit a pair on turn or river with suited connectors or had a PP.....

btw. i like the valuebet on the river. Very good! Thats how u make money.....

Last edited by imtb; Mar 05, 2008 at 10:40pm.
imtb est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 10:39pm   #4
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtb View Post
his opponent had a PP(10s or JJs) or 89s....i bet

btw. i like the valuebet on the river. Very good! Thats how u make money.....
If he did, he played it horribly. What could the OP have that would not beat 77-QQ with three streets of betting?

Though people do tend to get married to their pp's, so the value bet was probably good.
Old Mar 05, 2008, 10:42pm   #5
imtb
Brunson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
What could the OP have that would not beat 77-QQ with three streets of betting?.
He didnt bet all three streets...

The check on the turn, turned out to be the key for the successful river bet
Old Mar 05, 2008, 10:57pm   #6
kmay06
Professional

I didn't say he bet all three, I said there was betting on all three streets.

I guess I'm just wondering what villain would put OP on if he bet out, got raised, called, then c/c'd the turn and bet out the river. It seems like the only things is Ax suited going for the draw, but imo that is a pretty small part of his range.
Old Mar 06, 2008, 12:51am   #7
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

The first decision in this hand is on the flop. Do you want to stack off or not? I know I would, but fullring nl100 might be more passive than I am used to. I would stack off because there are almost no better hand villain can have, but plenty of worse. So I would happily 3bet the flop (small to like $24) and try to get stacks in or induce something stupid.

If you dont want to stack off, this might get tricky if he fires big on turn+river.

As played I think his turn bet tells you exactly what he has. $10 into $27, he is on something weak. Even if your plan was not to stack off, this must change your strategy from pot control to maximum extraction. I would go for a small turn raise to like $28, and then proceed with a little under 1/2 river bet. That maximizes vs weaker Kings or medium pairs, which is like his range exactly.

I guess you realized the same thing (he is weak) by the river and bet accordingly. I would have bet a tad more, like $22, but I like the bet.

Of course this whole line is exploitable as hell, but since he minraised the flop we can pretty much eliminate the possibility of him hand reading us to death.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2008, 6:24pm   #8
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
I know I would, but fullring nl100 might be more passive than I am used to.
It is definately more passive than the games you play in. I figure if I 3bet the flop after making a small cbet it turns my hand face up and he folds anything I beat.

You are right that on the turn I now know that I am ahead, which was why I value bet the river as I don't want to let a pp or weaker King check behind. But I think a small raise on the turn would have been good as it could easily be a move after his weak bet.

I'm interested to know how this line is exploitable and how you would perceive it if you were the villain?
Old Mar 06, 2008, 9:33pm   #9
imtb
Brunson

when u call the minraise on the flop, i put you on AA(unlikely), QQ, JJ, 10s or maybe on KQ, KJ
Old Mar 06, 2008, 10:18pm   #10
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidMaynard View Post
I'm interested to know how this line is exploitable and how you would perceive it if you were the villain?
I'd shove the river on you a ton, just because you never bet that small with a nut hand. And you can only have 88 as nut hand, cause all other nut hands put in a bet earlier.

with my line, the small turn c/r, I would call it wide as villain planning to shove a bunch of river when either the flush comes in or you appear weak in general.

If you start paying attention to bet sizes you will quickly figure out that you can often raise people just based on "feel". I am currently trying to maximize bluff raising frequencies in common spots. You needs a very accurate hand/range reads to execute like turn c/r bluffs, but even if the villain shows up with the top of his range you got an advantage. Cause now he knows that you are capable of bluffing in the weirdest spots so that your value raising hands will become more profitable.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote