THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 07, 2008, 2:03pm   #1
Loder89
Gambler

Loder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant future
Default Quads

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $26.45
MP: $15.70
CO: $8.10
BTN: $31.05
Hero (SB): $30.30
BB: $33.80

Pre-Flop: 8 8 dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, MP raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.75, 3 folds, BTN calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.75) 8 8 7 (2 Players)
Hero bets $4, BTN folds

Results: $6.75 Pot ($0.30 Rake)
Hero mucked 8 8 and WON $6.45 (+$3.70 NET)

The initial raiser stealed a lot of blinds so I decided to bump it ups since I felt there was a big chance to take it down right there. Once I got the call i was pretty sure he was on a small-medium PP. I am wondering if I should check the flop or bet more...
My plan actually was to induce a raise since the bet looked a bit small and weak. What do you guys think about that hand?
Loder89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 07, 2008, 2:18pm   #2
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of

Obviously don't know the table dynamic or your history, but to me that doesn't look like a weak bet. I'd favour checking I think. At worst, you're letting him draw 2 outs to a straight flush, and more likely you're letting him follow through with a small overpair or stab with AK or something. I don't think most players are calling you there with anything they wouldn't have bet anyway.
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 3:31pm   #3
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

I'd bet, their a few draws out their and an opponent with a draw will likely reraise. You might even be able to get it allin on the flop with him drawing dead. Even if he just calls you'd have missed 1 street of value by cheching, which can multiple up like compound interest.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 4:29pm   #4
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

lol talking about possible 2 outs to the str8 flush. NO FREE CARDS !11!

Im almost always betting here because of what you said, small PP etc and because I lead most of the time on that kind of flops.
Against an aggro monkey who cant read a hand, I dont mind a check.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 6:31pm   #5
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Against an aggro monkey who cant read a hand, I dont mind a check.
Underlined portions make a check look appetizing at 25nl.

I don't think there's one play that is clearly better than the other against an unknown. If you check, you might induce far weaker hands to show down against you, and I think draws will still bet (even though they can't raise you if you don't bet out). Checking looks a lot like AK unless you're super tricky and would check a high overpair on a flop like that. That means you can probably get action from a small pp on the turn/river so long as an ace or king doesn't hit.

At low stakes against someone who appears passive, I'm leaning toward checking. At higher stakes or against aggro players, I'm leaning towards betting as KS said since the prospect of getting raised here is just too good to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 6:32pm   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

nh, but calling preflop works as well and could be more +EV with the callers.

callers as in calling station. Cause they pay off sets in small pots and are less likely to fold to your 3bet/cbet.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 8:32pm   #7
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Perfection View Post
I'd bet, their a few draws out their and an opponent with a draw will likely reraise.
A 25NL random is likely to reraise with a draw? I might be way off, but I don't think that's the case.
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote