THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 11, 2008, 7:40pm   #11
Poker Prodigy
Brunson

Poker Prodigy is on a distinguished road

Well, i play NL25, and from my experience, this is a very bad practise. I also use to shove all in with AK when i got 3-betted, and almost every single time, they showed QQ-AA. Therefore, i have just stopped doing this. At these low limits, people will only 3-bet with strong holdings, so now when i look at AK and i get 3-betted, i fold it. Shoving with AK after getting 3-betted works for the higher stakes as people do it more lightly. But at these low stakes, people just play there hand, so they'll only re-raise you with strong holdings.
Poker Prodigy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:19pm   #12
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Just for information the last 4 times I've shoved over a 3-bet with AK the villain had Aces. This small test sample, on the back of the observation that lead me to post this thread, has me concluding that anyone with a full stack in the micros who will call a 4-bet shove is holding AA, KK or (increasingly rarely) AK.

My days of shoving AK preflop against full stacks are over for the time being.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:02pm   #13
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

OK, this is becoming a fucking epidemic. Just now I decided to flat call a 3 bet PF with AK. Just for shits. I flop the ace, we get it in, he shows AA for the flopped set.

When did this happen? I'm sure people used to 3-bet wider than this. It's getting so I don't even want to play AK anymore. In the last week I reckon I've lost 6 or 8 buyins with AK and won about 1/2 through c-bets taking down small pots.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:23pm   #14
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

What site you playing on Mr Beaks?

I had it all in with AK today at 50NL. CO agg raises. I reraise in sb with AK, BB all re re raise in, CO folds, I call. He turned over KJ.

Moral of the story go play at Ongame if possible.
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:53am   #15
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

AK is not a hand to call 3bets with. fold or shove is almost always better.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 5:37pm   #16
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTen View Post
What site you playing on Mr Beaks?

I had it all in with AK today at 50NL. CO agg raises. I reraise in sb with AK, BB all re re raise in, CO folds, I call. He turned over KJ.

Moral of the story go play at Ongame if possible.
This is at Pacific Poker! Probably the fishiest site I know!

I used to play at Red Kings but one day the games suddenly tightened up - it's hard to find a game with players / flop above 40% now, whereas at Pacific it's common to find 60%+. Sems that everyone wants to limp and everyone wants to call raises but no fucker will 3-bet without the nuts.

Except me obviously
Old Mar 15, 2008, 7:34am   #17
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
AK is not a hand to call 3bets with. fold or shove is almost always better.
I agree. Forgot to mention that the BB re reraiser was only about 70BBs deep so I think I was committed after raising to around 22-23 BBs.
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote