THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Omaha Ring Games

Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:39pm   #1
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold
Default Do you fold this hand, and if so, when? (omaha)

PokerStars Game #16343589785: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2008/03/29 - 17:33:32 (ET)
Table 'Arkab' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: SteveL91 ($125.60 in chips)
Seat 2: korolik ($182.65 in chips)
Seat 4: GIFITOME ($60 in chips)
Seat 5: OCVI2003 ($127.60 in chips)
Seat 6: Ezsaias ($98 in chips)
SteveL91: posts small blind $0.50
korolik: posts big blind $1
GIFITOME: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OCVI2003 [9c Kd Ac Th]
GIFITOME: checks
OCVI2003: calls $1
Ezsaias: folds
SteveL91: folds
korolik: raises $2 to $3
GIFITOME: calls $2
OCVI2003: calls $2
*** FLOP *** [Jd 6s 8c]
crazyat16 joins the table at seat #3
korolik: checks
GIFITOME: bets $9.05
OCVI2003: calls $9.05
korolik: calls $9.05
*** TURN *** [Jd 6s 8c] [4c]
korolik: checks
GIFITOME: bets $34.85
OCVI2003: calls $34.85
korolik: folds
*** RIVER *** [Jd 6s 8c 4c] [Jc]
GIFITOME: bets $13.10 and is all-in
OCVI2003: calls $13.10
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:40pm   #2
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Honestly I can fold that hand everywhere but the river.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 12:57am   #3
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Preflop is okay. Please explain the flop and turn.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:33am   #4
All out
Doyle Look-alike

All out is a jewel in the roughAll out is a jewel in the roughAll out is a jewel in the roughAll out is a jewel in the rough

Pretty lose call after the flop imo unless you have any reads on him
All out est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 12:45pm   #5
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

As discussed in the IRC room

Flop is a fold. I did some aided number crunching on 3-way flops after we discussed it and you're almost never getting odds to call pot 3-way there.

As played Turn is a snap call and river is the river, you've hit(ish) and are getting eleventy-billion to 1.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 1:08pm   #6
Gerrit2002
Banned

Gerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud of

River is a call for sure.

Flop is a Fold unless You have reads and therefor huge implied odds I guess (You dont close the action, its only 2 way when ts Your turn).

Turn is a Fold I guess. You have 6 Str8-Outs and 7-9 FlushOuts (depends if Villain makes a full house when board pairs with a flush card). I dont think You are good here at the end with Top Pair so I cant see more Outs here.

13-15 Outs means Something like 1:3-1:2. With the money Villain has left You have only 1:2.4 so You need 30% chance of winning it plus a 100% chance to get Villain all in if You hit the river (which is OK here I guess). But 30% is 15 Outs and thats the top of Your chances so in the best case You are EV = 0 and higher variance.

Its early in the morning over here so maybe I miscalculated it. I am kind of surprised because Boomer said its a snapcall so maybe there is something wrong in my math...

BTW: I dont think there is a big chance that the 3. player stays in the hand on the turn after Hero calls....
Gerrit2002 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 1:34pm   #7
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Gerrir, i'm just basically quoting verbatim from discussing this hand with a mate of mine who's played PLO for about 5 years and regularly plays middle stakes.

Bascailly his opinion was that on the flop your range is from "Just about odds to call" to "Totally F***ed". He showed me a few simulations where TWLLM's equity actually went as low as 18% 3-way depending on the 2 hands he was up against. (Also the potenetial for being a 72/28 dog on the flop HU is there too...but more likely it's between 65/35 and 60/40 heads up in the bettors favour)

We didn't discuss the turn, he just said it was a call and we mainly discussed the flop since, in his opinion, he shouldn't have got to the turn

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Last edited by Boomer2k6; Mar 30, 2008 at 1:39pm.
Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 6:30pm   #8
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

How about raise preflop
Bet/fold the flop
Commit yourself on the turn
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:18am   #9
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
How about raise preflop
Bet/fold the flop
Commit yourself on the turn
Make so much sense.

TWLLM start palying omaha more like holdem raising more instead of calling and folding more instead of calling

-i know little about omaha-

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 7:26am   #10
Gerrit2002
Banned

Gerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud ofGerrit2002 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2k6 View Post
[/i]We didn't discuss the turn, he just said it was a call and we mainly discussed the flop since, in his opinion, he shouldn't have got to the turn
Yeah thats right. As I said I would have folded the flop also unless I have a good read. Anyway there is no need to throw away good money on the turn just because we invested bad one on the flop isnt it?

And even with hitting a good card to a combo draw the potsized bet on the turn makes it a fold imo...
Gerrit2002 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote