THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:58pm   #1
ATWR36
River Rat

ATWR36
Default Starting with a dime.

Starting with only a dime, I'm going through a bankroll build on Full Tilt. I managed to place in one of those luckbox $0.10 rebuy tournaments (with no rebuys), and then built up with $1.25 SNG's. It took a ton of luck when I started out, but hopefully I can build it into something.

If anyone wants is interested, I'm keeping a blog of how things are going :

myluckydime.blogspot.com

Any advice or comments are welcome!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:15pm   #2
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

Make $10,000 in 30 days and I'll be impressed.....
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:22am   #3
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

sounds like you're off to a really good start

just follow the br management rules and you might become a good player

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:25am   #4
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

How does one become a good player by following the BR management rules? It seems like it might be harder than that, especially when your BR is a dime.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 4:04am   #5
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

My first thought when you said 'dime' was $1000 since all of the professionals seem to refer to 1k as a dime.

GL

Turn it into a million and write a book.

Personally i'd rather deposit $500 and start from there to save myself months of mind numbing boredom at the microstakes.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 4:08am   #6
mr blonde
shortstack assassin

mr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura aboutmr blonde has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
My first thought when you said 'dime' was $1000 since all of the professionals seem to refer to 1k as a dime.

GL

Turn it into a million and write a book.

Personally i'd rather deposit $500 and start from there to save myself months of mind numbing boredom at the microstakes.
haha that's what I thought too.

anyway good luck you can do it!!!

mr blonde est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 4:19am   #7
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
How does one become a good player by following the BR management rules? It seems like it might be harder than that, especially when your BR is a dime.
Thanks for pointing it out, its insane the number of people who will tell obv beginner to stick to good BR, like this is what they need.

What he needs is understanding the concept of pot odds/ implied odds / hand range / position / table image and adaptation to opp plays.

This is what he needs, once he understand all of that, he will come to BR management, there is no point to have 1020912 buy in for a level if you cant beat it.

Well bubbleboy post was most likely a level, but I see it a lot so ...

And a dime is 10k.
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:16am   #8
Mbradycf
Doyle Look-alike

Mbradycf will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mbradycf

A dime can refer to 10 K, 1 k, or 10 bucks... as far as i know
Mbradycf est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:39pm   #9
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Well, obviously a dime makes things interesting. But, while I may be no authority, I don't think learning to busto is an important part of anybody's education. Some people can't or won't deposit/redeposit, and I'd say bustoing in those circumstances is going to severely detract from their opportunities to learn.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 1:38pm   #10
ATWR36
River Rat

ATWR36

Thanks for the comments, everybody.

Just to clarify, when I say "dime", I literally mean a dime. Technically speaking, I had $0.12 sitting in my account, but I bought into a $0.10 tournament. The idea for a bankroll build came after I cashed a small amount. I didn't think anything was going to come out of it - I played the original dime as a goof.

A lot of people talked about bankroll guidelines. I fully realize that my abilities (or lack thereof) are NOT related to how I manage my bankroll. It is true that no arbitrary amount of "big blinds to play" or number of buy-ins will ensure quality play. That said, I still think it's extremely important, and will only be playing above my bankroll in the beginning (when it's not much to speak of anyway). I'm working with the idea of "a good bankroll won't help a bad player, but a bad bankroll certainly hurts a good player".