THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 23, 2008, 1:53am   #1
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice
Default PLO frequent awkward spot

I'm playing PLO 6-max semi-seriously for the first time now, and this seems to be a scenario I find myself in quite a bit that I don't know how to handle- I flop a decent hand that figures to not be so strong by the river & I know I'll have to fill up to win.

Is this a bet/ fold to a pot-sized reraise on the flop? Check/call/get it in on safe turn? Check/call and reevaluate on turn?

This is on $20 6-max on Cake so no converter...

Hand #1479012320000103: Macau (6-max) 12320
Seat 1: Echo Echo 19 (26.65 in chips)
Seat 2: olem*** (15.25 in chips)
Seat 3: cook*** (4.00 in chips)
Seat 8: budb*** (27.50 in chips)
Seat 9: bone*** (14.25 in chips)
Seat 10: soom*** (10.70 in chips)
Echo Echo 19: posts small blind $0.10
olem***: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to Echo Echo 19 [ 9h Ah Qs 5d ]
cook***: calls
budb***: folds
bone***: calls
soom***: calls
Echo Echo 19: calls
olem***: checks
@@@ F_L_O_P @@@ [ Td 9d 9c ]
Echo Echo 19: ?

Last edited by Timbilo; Apr 23, 2008 at 3:01am.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:21pm   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

You're drawing to an underfull, which isn't good, but you have two overs in case you're up against T9, which is good, and you have a pot worth stealing, also good.

I probably fire pot, re-evaluate turn. In particular, I get very concerned if i get called on two streets with PSBs, because this will often mean TTxx is slowplaying you. Nonetheless, at these stakes, you can expect a stackoff from a weaker 9xxx probably.

Key is the turn card will kill your hand a lot, but hopefully you can either steal it now or steal on the turn.

TBH I can't figure out how to play this hand except until the opposition plays back. Trying to have a preconfigured play for this kind of hand is pretty well impossible, esp. in lowstakes lolmaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:41pm   #3
sashstar
Professional

sashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond repute

pot
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:43pm   #4
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Interesting thread, I was just about to start a similar one.

In this hand I would bet pot and hope to pick it up now. If I get it to heads up I will fire again on the turn. If I get multiple callers and don't fill up on the turn, then I will slowdown and check. Although I'm not comfortable doing that, at low stakes people are ridiculously passive and are unlikely to try and steal the pot. I would then reevaluate based on what action there is after me.

I have another example to post which is a similar situation, don't have a HH but here goes:

I'm in BB with A678 rainbow. Limped around, I check and we see a multi-way flop.

Flop is 5d 6c 9d.

I have the nuts but no redraws. I figure if I bet pot, I am in real danger of getting freerolled and I am not folding out any flush draws as the limped pot is so small. So how do I plan the hand from here?

In the hand played, I checked, someone bet pot and it was folded back to me. I called, turn was another diamond, I check/folded to another psb. Good line? What would you do if the flush didn't hit the turn?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 10:08pm   #5
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidMaynard View Post
In the hand played, I checked, someone bet pot and it was folded back to me. I called, turn was another diamond, I check/folded to another psb. Good line? What would you do if the flush didn't hit the turn?
Yes, if you're deep, you probably just want to c/c flop, and c/f'ing turn was probably best as well. On the turn if it bricks, when they bet pot it really depends on the player whether you push over the top, but its very risky because of possible freerolls. I would probably just call again in such a tricky spot. If the river totally bricks, bet out pot and hopefully if they have 99 they'll think its a bluff and call you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote