THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 28, 2008, 3:36am   #1
Saporoger
Flop Artist

Saporoger is on a distinguished road
Default software freeze at FT and 4 tourneys

:e vil:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im still on tilt and can't beleive what happened today.

I was playing 4 tourneys today night at FT, 5+50 rebuy, 24+2 deep stacks, 30+3 rebuy and 3+30 rebuy.

After playing for about 3.5 hours, I was in lead at 2 of 4 and 2 another over average. In one of them, I was at place 14 and there were only 48 players left.
I was already in the money and was sure to make FT again (its was my favorite tournament type - rebuy and 6handed) and I've made 3FT's from last 7 6handed tourneys.

After I've added another 28k to my 61k stack at that 6handed tourney, I've clicked on the tourney info button, to know were Im standing. Well I've better never done it. FT freezed completly, all another apps were ok but FT software was absolutly dead.

I was able to play about 12 minutes later.

I was short stacked in 2 of 4 tourneys after my come back. In 6 handed tournament were I was so near to the FT I had only 4.5 BB's!!! I was forced to go AI with an suited ace and got called by AA, sure I've lost.

At another 2 tourneys, more than half of my stack was gone. The blinds and antes are damn high after playing for about 2-3 hours and you can't just wait 12 minutes.

I was damn tilt, I'm still tilt yet and I lost in a short time 3 of 4 tourneys.

In last one, were I had about 50% of average stack I got lucky to tripple up in 10 minutes till this situation:

I was at SB with AA, 1 UTG limper, button raised 3x I've min raised him, to get some action (my raises, even min raises were respected by the table, so I was sure to get only button in there). Flop was checked by the button, so did I to let him improve on turn. Turn comes the only face card, it was a King, no flush/straight draws rainbow flop.
He bets the pot after I've checked the turn, I reraised him 3x, he reraised me AI I called, he turned K8o. Well guess what was the river? A freaking stupid 8.

Gameover, I never had such a frustrating poker night as today. Its so tough to loose due a stupid software bug and in last tourney such a suckout!!

I'll bet, I'm gonna tilt for the next 2 weeks!

Last edited by Saporoger; Apr 28, 2008 at 3:41am.
Saporoger est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:00am   #2
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Basically FT sucks. Yeah, I agree with that.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:38pm   #3
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHSPoker21 View Post
Basically FT sucks. Yeah, I agree with that.
+1

Trying to multi table on FT is RIDICULOUS...

ESPECIALY since your monitor broke and you've got to run a crappy old monitor on 800x600 res because your old lovely flat screen broke and it won't even handle 1024x800.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's like a 10 inch monitor aswell so I can only put one table up at a time and whne you're multitabling on FT it goes mental switching from table to table like a load of "£$"%!"£^.

Last edited by MikeAK47; Apr 29, 2008 at 6:42pm.
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:30am   #4
Saporoger
Flop Artist

Saporoger is on a distinguished road

If FT sucks, what site should I play?

PS is offering great tournaments also, FT is second best after PS if you love to play good tournaments and don't like to wait 4-5 hours or even few days for good tournaments only to know that in one of the tournaments you was looking for only ~40 players have registered and there is no enough money for you to play for, which is typical on sites like Everest or Pacific.

Its not a problem for ring games, but I know only 2 sites there with such good tournaments.

I don't like to play at PS often, cause most tournaments I like to play have 3-8k players in average and you're playing 8-11 hours until you''ve reached FT or was kicked out. And I have not much time except of some days on weekends. After a 8-10h working day, 10h for 3-4 tournaments and few hours left until you have to work is to much. I'm still working to be a machine, but I can achieve "machine mode and brain on autopilot" for that long only on weekends for some unknown reason.. ;)

FTP tournaments I like to play are not that heavy (200-800 players in average) so you can reach FT after 3-6 hours playing in most cases.

And I don't know any other site which is offering so many great tournaments
Saporoger est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:48am   #5
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

No FT sucks because I hate the software, the tourney selection and amount of players is adequate IMO, I just prefer PS software, I can open loads of SNGs at the same time and not have to worry about software going berserk switching from table to table like a lunatic unlike with my current situation on FT where I can only play 2 SNGs at once otherwise the software goes mental and I make a stupid amount of mistakes because of the software acting like a maniac where every time I have a decision on a table it selects that table whether I've made my decision on the other table or not. I'm getting a new monitor in a week or two so this won't effect me much longer but still I p[refer PS software because it's more stable and loads quicker.

If you prefer tournaments that last 2-3 hours then play the 180 man SNGs, they have them at FT and PS and they're full of fishy play! If FT and PS have no problems getting people to register for 180 SNG then I don;'t see why they can't have 400 player SNGs aswell, think about it! Ths fish would see the $2500 first place for just a $20 buy in and go berserk, fishtastic!
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote