THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:53pm   #21
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric melvin rules View Post
Have you thought about asking them to run the tournament in real (American) monies?

Did you have a look at the USD/AUD exchange rate lately? I'll assume you meant Euro when you said real money.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:24pm   #22
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

(1) What wax asked - are you taking a premium, and if so, how much?

(2) What happens in the event of a large score? How are we going to be paid? It's different with online tourneys since we can just transfer $ between accounts, but with live it'll be difficult to send the money (unless it was a REALLY large score in which case you could probably send bank drafts or wires and it would still be economical).

(3) Tracking knockouts in the KO event(s)?

PS - I would be interested in 3% as well, although that depends on your answers to 1-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:37pm   #23
Joes28
Grinder

Joes28 is on a distinguished road

Scam Alert.
Joes28 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:50pm   #24
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes28 View Post
Scam Alert.
Nah.

Do you mean a scam because it would be foolish to stake swoop or because he just might take allllll that delicious stake money and not play?
JJS6866 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:52pm   #25
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

He said he would gladly have someone else hold onto the money.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:13am   #26
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
(1) What wax asked - are you taking a premium, and if so, how much?

(2) What happens in the event of a large score? How are we going to be paid? It's different with online tourneys since we can just transfer $ between accounts, but with live it'll be difficult to send the money (unless it was a REALLY large score in which case you could probably send bank drafts or wires and it would still be economical).

(3) Tracking knockouts in the KO event(s)?

PS - I would be interested in 3% as well, although that depends on your answers to 1-3.
1) No premium, i'm just doing this for fun, as I said, i'm planning to keep ~80% of my own action which basically makes this about 3k of my money instead of 3.7k or whatever, i'm perfectly happy with just minimising variance since it's a significant chunk of my overall roll. Since it's such a small percentage of my overall action, i'd feel dirty taking a premium (esp since I consider this to be more of a social stake than a financial one) so if you pay for 3%, you get 3%, if you pay for 0.1%, you get 0.1%, etc.

2) I'd just make a large deposit on one of the sites (stars, tilt, whatever the majority prefers in the event it's a huge score) and pay everyone there. That's what i'm planning to do if I end up winning a small amount, losing a small amount or breaking even. If I won 150k or whatever and you end up with a 4.5k share of it, i'll bank wire it or whatever if you prefer, but again, happy to deposit and transfer for you to withdraw at a time of your choosing.

3) There's only 1 knockout event but yes, obviously, since it's a $340 buy-in which is 200+100+40, would hardly be fair if you only got action on 200+40 while paying for a 300+40 buy-in.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:16am   #27
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

1 AUD = 93.7 US Cents at the moment.

How about we work off the current exchange rate which I post in this thread on May 10, funds can be paid at any point until May 10 at an estimated exchange rate of 95c/Dollar and i'll return any difference along with winnings after the stake.

Any idea for who should store the money until the stake is over? I suggest TWLLM or Ozone.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Apr 29, 2008 at 12:34am.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:38am   #28
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric melvin rules View Post
Have you thought about asking them to run the tournament in real (American) monies?

Run good plzthx.
I thought about it, but the other couple hundred entrants in each event might be pissed that they have to exchange to what will likely be an inferior currency within months in order to play the tournament. Ten years ago it was about 48c/dollar, two years ago it was 80c/dollar now it's 93.7c/dollar. Republicans are good at the economy, LOL

...and it's me. Of course i'll run good ;)

(except when I don't)
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:45am   #29
KTC
Grinder

KTC will become famous soon enough

Can the inevitable huge winning be worked off the exchange rate come the end of the events? No doubt the US$ will crash even further, giving us more US$ for your winnings, which when converted to UK£ for me, which is doing just as badly as US$ and hence exchange rate staying the same would make me even more money!
KTC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 1:04am   #30
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

OK sounds good, I'll take 3%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote