THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 01, 2008, 5:51pm   #1
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of
Default 10PLO: Fold river?

Yes, I have quads. But what does the villain play like this that I didn't just get 1 outered by? He's been loose-passive pre, tight-passive post, so I doubt it's AAxx on the flop. What else is he 3-betting on the flop? I just can't see it, but I don't think I can fold quads.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.10 BB (8 handed)
Jokeslayer ($20.65)
BB ($19.65)

Preflop: Jokeslayer is SB with , , , .
UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, Jokeslayer completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.70) , , (7 players)
Jokeslayer checks, BB bets $0.7, UTG folds, 4 folds, Jokeslayer raises to $2.1, BB raises to $3.5, Jokeslayer calls $1.40.

Turn: ($7.70) (2 players)
Jokeslayer bets $4, BB calls $4.

River: ($15.70) (2 players)
Jokeslayer checks, BB bets $5.8, Jokeslayer ???
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 01, 2008, 6:09pm   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

I would re-raise on the flop tbh - he's betting so strong there is practically no way he doesn't plan on committing on the flop, and you're better off just getting it in before the only bad card (the ace - action killer) can hit.

I don't think he's got anything other than kings full (and now quads) a significant amount of the time. That said, I don't know if I can fold quads here for $5. I would feel so sick about that fold that I might just pay the $5 to see the bad news rather than live with the doubt.

Also, at these stakes I suppose it is *possible* this was something other than kkxx on the flop. Unlikely, but possible. It would be even less likely he had anything but quads if it were 66AKA than 66KAK, because I could conceive of someone misplaying aaxx like that on the 66K flop, whereas if its A66 on the flop, he's not going to make weird bets with kkxx.

Make a crying call imo. Just for your own sanity and on the off-chance this was a retarded aaxx play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2008, 3:24pm   #3
All out
Doyle Look-alike

All out is a jewel in the roughAll out is a jewel in the roughAll out is a jewel in the roughAll out is a jewel in the rough

Lol, i cant believe u even think about folding here, that would be a sick fold.

Did u fold ?

Last edited by All out; May 02, 2008 at 3:30pm.
All out est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2008, 3:53pm   #4
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by All out View Post
Lol, i cant believe u even think about folding here, that would be a sick fold.

Did u fold ?
There's really nothing I can put him on except KK or AA and AA is a long shot based on the flop. But no, I didn't fold. I shoved and lost to KK, which was probably the worst move.
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2008, 7:06pm   #5
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
I shoved
This is the problem. You can't shove if you have anything of substance left (ie. more than say a buck or two more than his bet) because it is HIGHLY likely he has kkxx. I still think calling river is necessary, as sick as it is.

I have to say as well, this was a sick duel of sandbaggers this was.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old May 03, 2008, 1:18am   #6
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Why not go with your read on the flop and 4bet his ass? Not to say you invited a 1 outer or anything. Do you think he would ever fold Kings full on the flop (you imply he's nitty...)? If not, you might as well get as much money in on the flop as possible so you don't have this hard decision the one in every 20 times this situation comes up.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2008, 4:45pm   #7
WJF84
Brunson

WJF84 will become famous soon enoughWJF84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to WJF84

Last edited by WJF84; Aug 21, 2010 at 9:27am.
WJF84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2008, 8:22pm   #8
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

This is $10PLO don't forget. Shove obviously.
Old May 31, 2008, 10:15pm   #9
TWLLM

(1) why was this thread dug up? Please don't tell me someone was helping TG by moving this thread over the bridge to the new server, and it fell off the back and under the bridge.

(2) With all respect to Ishbu (who probably wipes his nose with the buyin for these stakes), pushing the river is senseless in plo - yes, even 10plo - because it is more or less inconceivable that our opponent has a FH he will call with - remember in omaha kxxx is not a full house. So either our opponent b/3b aaxx on this flop (and then called the turn), or we're crushed. Since there is no other conceivable FH that is calling us here, shoving is atrocious since kkxx is a far (ie. no less than 90/10) larger portion of his range than aaxx.

I suppose since this is $10plo you can factor in a small % for misreading his hand? But that % goes down when you shove imo, because he will likely look at his hand a second time, lowering the misread equity.

Anyway, the way this guy played it, we are essentially never good, but since it's $10plo folding quads is just too dirty. But shoving is burning $.

Quote:
Old May 31, 2008, 10:18pm   #10
WJF84
Brunson

WJF84 will become famous soon enoughWJF84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to WJF84

Last edited by WJF84; Aug 21, 2010 at 9:27am.
WJF84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote