THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 05, 2008, 4:44am   #41
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

wow drop down man. to 25NL.

' I decided he had 98, while having no reason to beleive so and holding myself half the nines in the deck. I then proceed to push so he could get off easily from his top pair, or own me when he has a better hand.'

Seeing bluffs and semi bluffs everywhere is the ultimate leak, close second is being very good at finding a hand you beat while holding a marginal hand in a big pot
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 05, 2008, 11:03am   #42
cpsof95
Flop Artist

cpsof95 is on a distinguished road

I really have a hard time believing everything you say. I thought that the game becomes more aggressive when moving up the levels, and by the aggression I don't mean waiting for the nuts and then stacking a donkey. I've been expecting to see all those stone-cold bluffs and hard semibluffs. "Play your opponent's hand, not your own."

But now the story you're telling me is that I must give a lot of credit to my opponents. If it looks like they have a big hand, they very likely do have it.
cpsof95 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2008, 12:09pm   #43
shads
public enemy

shads will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to shads Send a message via Skype™ to shads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsof95 View Post
I really have a hard time believing everything you say. I thought that the game becomes more aggressive when moving up the levels, and by the aggression I don't mean waiting for the nuts and then stacking a donkey. I've been expecting to see all those stone-cold bluffs and hard semibluffs. "Play your opponent's hand, not your own."

But now the story you're telling me is that I must give a lot of credit to my opponents. If it looks like they have a big hand, they very likely do have it.
(Un)Surprisingly 90+% of being a winning player is down to playing good solid poker.

http://shadspoker.blogspot.com/
shads est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2008, 12:12pm   #44
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

You might ought to listen to these guys.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2008, 5:44pm   #45
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsof95 View Post

I am not going to post any further on this because you really are over your head at $200NL. There is a certain feel and flow for the game of poker and you have not learned it yet. It becomes stronger as you play more hands that is something an internet forum cannot teach you. No one can teach it for you. You have to play and learn and experience it yourself.

You are not ready for $200NL. Gus obviously agrees with me on that. You need to drop down and work on developing and solid feel and flow for the game.

Take our advice if you want. But what you are doing obviously is not working. And all the posters here are winning players.
Old Jun 05, 2008, 8:57pm   #46
cpsof95
Flop Artist

cpsof95 is on a distinguished road

Hello there, I'm back!

It's been an interesting month. I took all your advice (except not moving down) and thought about it, spent some time off the tables, and now things are finally rolling. More aggression on the turn, less folding to c-bets, more folding to value bets at the river, etc.

Below is my graph after the break. Not a very large sample size, but I feel confident again. I don't feel like giving detailed stats of my playing style, if my opponents read this board too, but let's just say that AF has increased on all streets. I guess I was a bit scared money at first, but now I'm much more confortable with the stakes.

http://users.tkk.fi/mluttine/NL200_2.png

Thanks to Ishbu and others for all the help! I really appreciate it.
cpsof95 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2008, 9:10pm   #47
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Well-done. Hopefully it's permanent.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote