THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 03, 2008, 8:15pm   #1
Tyrone Shuz
Flop Artist

Tyrone Shuz
Default I'm an idiot and got paid!

I had lost my initial stack at FL, so I decided to play a turbo SNG. I didn't have a single hand worth playing till I saw a KTo, marginal, but good position. Flop missed, so I bailed. Now I'm down to 1,000 and pretty much the short stack, the blinds are 75/150 at this point.

I see an AJd. Pretty good, and good position. UTG opens for a minimum raise, and guy on my right re-raises enough to cover UTG and me. I need to throw this hand away, and would ordinarily do so.

But I'd had it, (or I was "all in"--groan). I said, "Screw it, I'm going to bed, I haven't had a hand all day, fresh start tomorrow". Everybody else folds.

UTG has KK (ugh). Guy on my right has AQh (UGH!)

Flop comes A J x!!! I triple up, and eventually win the SNG! And it more than covered what I'd lost at FL!

I also had one other huge suckout, HU on the end, and the blinds were huge. I was all in w/QT vs. his AQ, and I hit my T. That hand crippled him, and I won shortly thereafter.

I don't feel the least bit guilty. I routinely suffer so many bad beats, and never seem to administer them. It feels GREAT to be on the other end for a change.
Tyrone Shuz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 04, 2008, 2:36am   #2
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Good, you shouldn't feel guilty, it's very rare that I hand out bad beats but it's actually quite satisfying, especially when it's against a complete donk with 40/20/100 stats, it's also funny when they call you a "lucky piece of ****" in the chat box after they sucked out almost every hand they've played against everyone else, then go on to complain about how many bad beats they get and that this is JokerStars or Full Shit Poker and then they start saying the hand was set up.

One guy the other day had a FD on the flop with 79 or something like that, and got called by K4 of the same suit, he then said (after he busted)

"Another famous set up hand"

"7 out of 13 clubs in play, coincidence?"

Then I called him an idiot and he went mental.

The Q10 vs AQ is not really a huge suckout, that should happen nearly 1 in 3 times.

Last edited by MikeAK47; May 04, 2008 at 2:38am.
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2008, 5:39am   #3
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Nothing wrong there. It is a sit and go and you are forced to make marginal plays. Sometimes you are flipping there, sometimes you are 60/40 in front and sometimes you are dominated.

Sometimes you will suck out when dominated. it's cool man.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote