THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old May 17, 2008, 2:53am   #1
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold
Default Tourny report, everyone is doing it

Ok so we flew in last night to play day 1b othe 230 tournament in melbourne. It's the same one swoop is playing and busted out of. (lol). I'm in an internet cafe and I'm cheap so if my spelling is bad so be it, you guys should get the picture.

ANYWAY, the apartment we are staying in (me, brendo, and one other) is pretty poor, but we wont be spending much time in there anyway. Made the mistake of telling the cabbie we are in melbourne to play poker. Got to hear his thoguhts the entire way to the airport. Was fantastic.

Day 1b of the tourny had 300 runners, good strcuture, with 5k stacks and 30 min levels. This is my 1st live tourny though so maybe they are all this good.

Not much action in the first couple of levels and it seems my table actually plays ok, especially the two on my left (annoying) but there were definately a couple of call station at the table. (limp for 25 call for 150 always etc. etc.) No real pots to speak of except one where i had 3h5h on BB. Laggy guy in the cutoff makes some weak raie to 100 after a couple of limpers, buttone calls, i call on big and the other 2 complete. flop 24Q one heart, checks to the raiser who bets 300, im the only caller. This is my 1st hand so he knows I'm tight. Turn is a brick. I check, he checks quickly. River Q, I think for a bit, tank for like 25 seconds and figure I have to do it, I fire 525, he actually thinks for a while, like atleast a minute then mucks. Sweet.

Next hand I get AKcc on small, couple of limpers I make it 300 (we are 25/50 now) and the same laggy villian as before calls. This guy was an ok player, just liked getting involved.

Flop J68 2 clubs, I lead for 450 and he raises to 1200, he has like 3k behind and i probably have about 4500 behind, I think for a bit, always knowing what I was going to do. I announce all in (always wanted to do that) and he sighs and tanks again. Right now I'm thinking some kind of jack or maybe even a draw, either way I'm not in bad shape. He thinks for like 2 minutes, felt like a lot longer, I just stare at the felt and eventually mucks QJ face up. Phew. "AA,KK or QQ eh?" "yeah, QQ, you had 2 outs nice fold".

Stack: 7k.

I fold for another round, maybe picking up blinds a couple of times, but I'm hesitant to steal a lot early as the blindsa re small and the guys on my left cna play. Anyway, a couple fo big pots go down and all of a sudden 2 guys on my left (2 and 3 to my left) both have me covered with roughly 10k. Then it gets good.

I raise 55 UTG to 150 (still 25/50) and both big stacks call, big blind calls also.

5,9,A 2 diamonds, 5 was in the window, it was fantastic.

I lead 450 into the 600 pot and big stack on my left calls, he's new to the table and kind of old and talkative. Then a good player, who also covers me makes it 1200. Hmmmm. Back to me and now I have a decision, Stacks aren't great for a shove but with the caller already in the pot he could easily have diamonds so I didn't want to run the call flop check raise turn play. I figured I'm going broke to a higher set and the only question was how to get paid from AK,AQ,AJ,AT,A9,A5. After shoving one round earlier I figured shove was the best paly here as it made me look like i just donk shoved whenever I had a piece of it, I think for a bit and move in. Caller folds pretty quickly and the raiser looks at me intensely. I just sat there, listening to my ipod which actually had Black eyed peas going (lol).

"do you want me to call?"

..my humps, my humps my humps...

"do you want me to call?"

..my humps, my humps my humps...

"I call"

I show the 55 and he tables A9. Pretty sick.
You know you are running well when..

It holds and I have 14k. easy game.

I'm now known as the all in kid whick works well because I have everyone covered by a mile at my table.

Not really much happeneing for a couple of levels, I limp KJ and flop 3 jacks. You know you are running well when.

I 3 bet a couple of times with 88 and AJ and take it down, blinds still small though.

I have 15 at 100/200 and then the table breaks. Live tourny note, try to get rid of the shitty small chips. I had like a thousand 25 chips and when we got moved it took my like 5 minutes to rack them.

I get to the new table and open the first 3 pots from late position, blinds each time. New table seems a little more donky with more limping going on. I saw 56 sooted crack QQ all in pre when he flopped a st8 flush. The guy who did it also had a hot girlfriend. must be nice.

I get AQ on the button and make it 1100 after 2 limpers. This indian guy just shoves his 4k in the middle out of big blind. folds back to me and i call and he tables 72o lol. image.

It holds and I have 20k

and a new table, I stack my chips and 25 mintues later I'm at a new table, damn those 25 tourny chips. New table is the best I've played at. Everything was happeneing pre flop and there were 2 other big stacks on my left who covered me so I stayed pretty quiet. I won a race when I raise 99 and it holds to KQ but lose most of the chips when a guy on my left restole off me twice in a row, he showed AQ and AK both times, ofcourse he did.

At 250/500 folds ot me on small and i shove my K6 into the big blind (she was a tight old lady, possibly called betty,) who had 5k to start the hand, she tanks and calls with A9. A in the door and im down to like 17k again. She wacked the table when the ace hit, stupid woman. Then I get moved again. God dam.

New table has like 3 young guys on it and the only guy who covered me as on my immediate left (what are the odds?). I stay pretty quiet then open KJ in the cut off to 1300 at 250/500. villian makes it 2700 and i call, flop all low, he pots and I muck, maybe I should fold pre flop there. Down to 16k

Next hand I open A8cc (1300) and the same guy says to me (he's a young kid wearing a packers hat) I'm not picking on, 3k. Then the shorty moves all in behind him for like 3200 and its back to me. It's probably a fold but I'me calling like 1700 into a bazilian and I know the action is closed so I get a flop, I have 14 or so behind and villian covers so we are deep, plus its possible we will just check down and I get more chances to catch up.

So i call

Flop 9,7,5 all clubs. that will do. I check immediately and he snap shoves, I snap call and he tables KdKc. I play well imo. he snaps at me saying what a horrid call pre it was, I just sit there in silence, grinning. Anyway nothing gross happens and I scoop everything (short had AQ) and I'm up to like 34k with about 25 thousand 25 chips.

I'm now the big stack and we only have one hour in the flight left. I raise a lot and get restolen a couple of times, as well as resteal myself with A8 (sweet) but I was still happy to get involved. The last elvel was 400/800 and I finish it with 36k in chips.

Final day tomorrow.

Brendo has 26k. more updates to follow, im outta time

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 17, 2008, 7:50am   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

LOL, nice report

Live poker is easy when you run good.

Hell, it's easy when you run average. I'm doubling through you tomorrow though

GL, see you and Brendo at the final table
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 9:28am   #3
Loder89
Gambler

Loder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant futureLoder89 has a brilliant future

Wow pretty nice guys. GL!!! How about top 3 places for you.
Loder89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2008, 9:31am   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

If KH is Callum, I think he's looking good to go deep. I might have to head back to Crown to watch the final table if he makes it.
Old May 18, 2008, 11:22am   #5
hozone
Brunson

hozone

callum is kid hustlr. 17 left. he just lost a big pot with 77 to JJ. Average stack now.

GET BACK TO CROWN!!!!
Old May 18, 2008, 11:28am   #6
hozone
Brunson

hozone

for live updates of this tournament kid hustlr is in......follow this link

http://www.crown.pokernews.com/

its event #5 - $230 nl
Old May 18, 2008, 2:09pm   #7
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

ksafgsakdjfgsadkfh

14th Just didnt fall for me when I wanted it too.

Day 2:

I'm going off the top of my head here so numbers may be a little wrong in places but you get the picture.

had 36k at 400/800/50 to start the day, pretty healthy, ony guy on my right had me covered.

Random makes it 2400 in the hijack, i mack it 8500 out of small with AKcc he calls, he has about 20 behind.

flop T52, i shove, he tanks and folds, phew.

Get AK on the button at 500/100/100, guy who has me covered on my right makes it 3k, i raise to 9k, he calls.

58K, he checks, I bet 12k, leaving about 28 behind from memory, he moves me in and i call, he has KJ, I hold and now have the best part of 100k, easy game.

Steal loads of blinds, call a small all in with KJ and crack A5o, 120k

Win a phew more pots, lose a small all in with A9 vs A2, still about 110k.

More blinds.

Raise 5d7d suited in middle position and big stack on big blind calls, we are at like 1500/3000/200 now and I have like 110k, he has like 60k

4T4 two diamonds, villian leads for 7500, i call figuring we are too deep to shove or raise (effectively shoving nayway)

turn Jd (must be nice), he leads for 12k, leaving like 40k behind and I move in. Not sure about this one but the pot was huge and I dont want to see a diamond on the river, he tnaks and folds. Looking back, stack sized set up perfectly for me to shove most turns, including any 3, 5,6,7,8 so shove is fine here.

more blinds, stack like 140k, resteal T8o, yawn

raise like 4 pots in a row and the table doesnt like it, really doesnt like there is a lot of talk and its like the opposite half of the table is against me, oh well, 120 left top 80 get paid and I'm top 5 in chips, not gonna slow down.

raise KQ to 10500 at 1.5k/3k/200 and the guy with 25k makes a stand with 22 on the button, it holds, down to like 125k.

100 or so left now, crazy asian guy has like 55k, i raise to about 7.5k on button with QT, asian guy takes his time then makes it 16, I think, figure he has room to fold and shove, he snaps with JJ, damn.

xxxQx

"i folded a queen"
"thats sick"
"yep" - me

asian guy not happy, I have the best part of 180-200k now.

Slam the bubble, 200k~ish, I dont think I had this many but it was close, there were hcips everywhere.

Call an all in from short utg with aj, he has a5, small blind shoves A6, big blind shoves JJ, 4 way all in, side pots everywhere ace in the door (gross) and a 5 to follow, I end up even form the venture as I had A6 covered by a lot (horrid shove).

C bet with A7 on a dry board, doesnt sound like much but was big at the time. blinds heavy now.

KT shoves, I move in with Ak, it holds 250k at 4k/8k/400 from memory.

Move tables, steal a couple of times, slowly buildy my stack,

move tables again and have about 300k at 5k/10k/1k close to chip leader but hardly safe, about 40 left at this stage.

stay quiet, slowly getting pots, resteal A9 at 8k/16k when the button made it 40, he insta mucks.

25 left on break, i have 400k and am barely chip leader, lots of 300k stacks around.

10k/20k blinds ridiculous.

Big play, folds to button who makes it 55k (10,20 blinds) with about 300k to start the hand, small stack shoves for 130k, i look down and see 77, tought spot, gross spot, If i shove I know the button needs like QQ+ to call and there is so much money in that pot. I shove, button folds.

Small blind has JJ, the play is quesitonable, swoop and brendo seemed to think it was ok, if he has Aq or Ak im a genius

789 flop, sweet brendo and swoop cheer.
turn: T, dam

river no help and I'm down 260k. Maybe the play is questionable, would love to hear some input here.

Get AK on the button, no action, KK in MP, no action. awesome.

Moved to the other table, like 16 left, I have 350k at 15k/30k/2k. structure not great. whole table has between 200k and 500k, really weird.

Fold one round, the tight guy who is shaking massively open for 150k on the button, i have AJ on big blind and 275k after posting big blind. He isn't folding pre after opening that and he is definately decently strong, problem is I have AJcc on big blind and ten big blinds at a 7 (maybe 8?) handed table. I figure stop and go is good here because it just looks like he has AT,AJ,AQ,AK.

I call, leaving 179k behind, pot 310k.

flop Q96 I shove after about 5 seconds.

"wow"
he counts them out, looks like he is about to call then steadys himself
takes more time
more time
eventually calls with TT

good call, online I think its an insta call but live and against this guy I'm certain he mucks a lot of the time.

I'm still live but the turn and river brick out and im out in 14th after 13 horus worth of play. not a great feeling.

Cheers for the link dave but they actually got the last hand (and some of the others i presume) wrong.

Anyway, more tournaments later in the week.

Brendo took 49th after having his Aj cracked by AT

Swoop cashed, i cant remember what he came but they railed me for a while which is pretty cool.

God i hate losing big races.

Old May 19, 2008, 2:31am   #8
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Congrats Callum, you were easily the best player at the table (both tables) and it sucks to run bad at the wrong time. As I said before, I think the sevens hand was marginal, I don't think it's particularly good or bad EV wise. When you raised AK from the button, your raise size was perfect, I was telling Brendo that the big stack BB ships almost any two there because it looks like you want a fold and the stack sizes are perfect for him to shove. I thought you had QQ that hand from the rail. Brendo knows your game so well, when you call the raise pre he said it's either AA or a stop and go then when you shoved the flop he was like oh shit he hates that flop he's got nothing.

Well done on the deep finish anyway.

Anyhow, there's always the main event. I'll be pretty happy if all three of us cash in that
Old May 24, 2008, 4:18pm   #9
kid hustlr
Professional

me and brendo still be in the main event.

avg 45k or so, i have 40 (at 1k/2k w/ an ante) brendo has 70 or so.

run good please

Old May 25, 2008, 7:39am   #10
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

GL, i'm about to head to Crown to watch the late stages of Day 2, I hope you're both still in. If you are, i'd imagine you'll be ITM by now.