THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 28, 2008, 2:43am   #1
hozone
Brunson

hozone
Default 10k in a month at 25nl

Stumbled across this. Pretty ballin imo. There is a webcam of him playing his 24 tables at once. Guy played 50k hands in 2 days. Crazy!

The thread started here at 2+2 (hope this isnt spam)

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=204858

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 28, 2008, 3:07am   #2
rabidcow
Brunson

rabidcow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rabidcow
Default its a bet in the thread right?

He has yet to do this right? I read the thread from your link it sounded like he was going to try and their are wagers for an against.
Either way how do you play 24 tables at once that does seem insane?
Watching the wsop on ESPN Havad Khan says he plays over 40 sit and goes at onetime I cant fathom that either but i give it up to them. my proifit declines considerably the more tables I try to play per session. i would realy love to see that webcam.
rabidcow est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 3:11am   #3
hozone
Brunson

hozone

From what i gather he has done near a week and up a bit over $1100. However, he just finished a session and could be up/down on that total. I can't believe how draining this would be.

Here is the update thread which shows his progress

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=208939
Old Jun 02, 2008, 12:00pm   #4
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidcow View Post
He has yet to do this right? I read the thread from your link it sounded like he was going to try and their are wagers for an against.
Either way how do you play 24 tables at once that does seem insane?
Watching the wsop on ESPN Havad Khan says he plays over 40 sit and goes at onetime I cant fathom that either but i give it up to them. my proifit declines considerably the more tables I try to play per session. i would realy love to see that webcam.
Kahn had his account frozen because Stars thought he was a bot. He sent video footage of him playing 40 tables at once, so the proof exists apparently.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2008, 6:13am   #5
MmmmBalf
Doyle Look-alike

MmmmBalf is on a distinguished road

The web cam is pretty sucky, you can't see how many tables he has going, just an outline of him sitting in front of 2 monitors that look white. He's currently at 23 tables on Stars, pretty wild. I can't imagine playing that many.
Old Jun 04, 2008, 7:35pm   #6
SkatZ
Flop Artist

SkatZ is on a distinguished road

I can't even play 2 tables at once let alone 23.
... So, I'm guessing he doesn't pay attention to everyone's else's cards.
SkatZ est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2008, 12:59am   #7
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

did he make it?

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2008, 3:29am   #8
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Not done yet afaik.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2008, 3:58am   #9
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Last I saw he was behind pace, having won about 3k but needing around 4.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2008, 4:16am   #10
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

Here's his blog

http://dougkpolk.blogspot.com/

Here's him slowly going insane

Quote:
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Day 12

Days total - -$50

Total - ~$2950

Pace - $4000

Today was interesting you know. I played about 12k hands earlier for about - 2 bi. Then i decided to go get a coffee. You know something outside of poker. So i went over to starbucks and got a mint mocha frappucinno and a brownie. Then i just sat outside.

And the sun started setting, and there was actually a breeze going. Not to common here, but it was really nice. And I was the only one out there, just sitting there enjoying a coffee, and then I took a step back, and things were all of a sudden totally different.

For the past 2 weeks, every single day has been a battle. I wake up fighting, i go to sleep under the pressure of the next day. Its always a fight, its a constant battle against this challenge. There are only three numbers in my life. What day of the challenge is it, What is my total, and what is pace. And every day all i do is fight.

Every day im tired.

Every day im hungry.

But it doesnt matter, i mean lifes a funny thing. 3 months ago, I dropped out of school. It was fairly impromptu, and after driving across the country, my roll was 3k.

lol yes, three thousand.

And i was going to grind nl 25 for $500 a day every day. Made like 500 the first day and decided to take a shot at nl 100. Well, long story short i am probably like +60k or something since then, in the brief time since going pro.

I spent a bunch, have some in savings, still have a roll, and escrowed off 20k.

Sort of lol i suppose, what a weird world. As i sit here at my computer mindlessly grinding out a $18 hourly trying to make it to 10k, the world goes by.

And I sat there,

I hadnt shaved for a few days

Down to my last few clean clothes

Hadnt showered in a day or two,

I just watched the sun set over the mountains. I have no idea what my future is, no clue what even tomorrow brings. But i will never stop fighting.

Because win or lose,

I am a grinder today,

and a legend forever.