THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:28am   #31
DetroxAkante
Brunson

DetroxAkante is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DetroxAkante

I understand your counterarguements to both parts, but I think they contradict each other.

If you think raising pf drives away too many players and lowers the pot, then you think your opponents are mainly tight, however if you think raising will cause too many calls and failed cbets you think your opponents are mainly loose.

I can understand positing one of these arguements, since no strategy is perfect it will of course have a weakness against a loose or tight opponent, however I think the benefits out weigh these concerns. Tight players will fold often enough to steal, and loose players will call often enough to get a worthwhile pot and be willing to stack off much more often.

At this point I'm going to stop responding to further posts because I believe both sides see each other's points and are merely repeating the same arguements, so at the very least we can agree to disagree on this point. Very good thread though.
DetroxAkante est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:45am   #32
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroxAkante View Post
If you think raising pf drives away too many players and lowers the pot, then you think your opponents are mainly tight, however if you think raising will cause too many calls and failed cbets you think your opponents are mainly loose.
The thing is that if you could raise and get as many, or almost as many, people in the pot as if you had limped (say 4, including yourself, instead of 5), that would be great. No callers at all is also great. But anything in between is what you don´t want, but that´s exactly what you will get against loose players.

So I am not contradicting myself.

Quote:
At this point I'm going to stop responding to further posts because I believe both sides see each other's points and are merely repeating the same arguements, so at the very least we can agree to disagree on this point.
Feel free to jump in again if someone posts something you consider new.

Edit: I was referring to the last sentence in number 2 when I said number 1 and 2 don´t work well against loose players.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.

Last edited by Lord Mushroom; Jun 13, 2008 at 12:49am.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote