THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 09, 2008, 10:28pm   #1
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Insta-call? PLO

First off. Should I even be in this pot in the first place? Second. Is this a call all day long? I folded and I'm feeling a bit retarded. This was only my third hand on the table.

PokerStars Game #18028984593: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2008/06/09 - 18:13:36 (ET)
Table 'Skuld III' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: JJS6866 ($57 in chips)
Seat 2: jenni1234567 ($132.50 in chips)
Seat 3: veal ($17.70 in chips)
Seat 4: VeinRuni ($79.25 in chips)
Seat 5: MoonHead69 ($115.80 in chips)
Seat 6: PLUJHJ ($96 in chips)
VeinRuni: posts small blind $0.50
MoonHead69: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JJS6866 [6s Ad 8s Jd]
PLUJHJ: calls $1
JJS6866: calls $1
jenni1234567: folds
veal: raises $4.50 to $5.50
VeinRuni: folds
MoonHead69: folds
PLUJHJ: calls $4.50
JJS6866: calls $4.50
*** FLOP *** [9d 4c 8d]
PLUJHJ: checks
JJS6866: checks
veal: bets $12.20 and is all-in
PLUJHJ: raises $41.50 to $53.70
JJS6866 said, "this is a really tough decision"
JJS6866 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 09, 2008, 10:54pm   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Limping in ep with that hand is 'meh'. Calling the raise is really 'meh'. And not folding the flop to the shove would be bad. A naked nfd (your 8 is useless) isn't all that good (save for semibluff value) in hold'em, but it's really weak in omaha where there is a good chance you're up against a set and maybe a wrap as well (98x is a wrappy board). This also assumes no one else has, say, a k/q high flush draw + wrap (e.g. kqjt with two diamonds, or qjt9 with two diamonds). If that is the case, you are in deeper trouble still.

This isn't even a tough decision. The tough decision is figuring out whether you should bet out semi-bluff the flop. As played, fold and don't even give it another thought (just think about whether you should call the raise and whether or not you are comfortable limping what is a really speculative hand, even double-suited).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2008, 11:00pm   #3
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Pretty much what I thought. The results of the hand pissed me off. Reraiser had a pair of 8's and 10 high diamond flush draw. The flush hit of course. Not to mention that my 8's were ahead of his.

OH MY GOD .5/1 PLO players are BAADDDDDDD. I need to learn how to play this game well.

Last edited by JJS6866; Jun 09, 2008 at 11:02pm.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 3:26am   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS6866 View Post
Pretty much what I thought. The results of the hand pissed me off. Reraiser had a pair of 8's and 10 high diamond flush draw. The flush hit of course. Not to mention that my 8's were ahead of his.

OH MY GOD .5/1 PLO players are BAADDDDDDD. I need to learn how to play this game well.
LOL are you serious that they stacked off with, between then, a ten high flush draw (did he have NO straight draws? what did he have, like T234? lol) and a pair of 8s, less than A kicker? Seriously, even if you just give them all random cards aside from the ones you mentioned, they should have had at least 1 straight draw between them, if not a wrap in there somewhere.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 5:23pm   #5
JJS6866
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
LOL are you serious that they stacked off with, between then, a ten high flush draw (did he have NO straight draws? what did he have, like T234? lol) and a pair of 8s, less than A kicker? Seriously, even if you just give them all random cards aside from the ones you mentioned, they should have had at least 1 straight draw between them, if not a wrap in there somewhere.

I really can't remember and I'm at work so I don't have the hand history. It was bad though...real bad. He had something like K 10 8 5 with the 10 and 5 being his diamonds.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 6:20pm   #6
TWLLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS6866 View Post
I really can't remember and I'm at work so I don't have the hand history. It was bad though...real bad. He had something like K 10 8 5 with the 10 and 5 being his diamonds.
OK, but that was the guy with the diamond draw. Surely to God the other guy didn't just have a naked pair of 8s without some kind of straight draw? There is just no way...

EDIT - I realize that I probably misread your original comment about what he had, but the key is that the other guy had to have SOMETHING of value to get it in, and if he had a straight draw or say 2pr+, you weren't in that great of a shape.

Quote:
Old Jun 10, 2008, 7:03pm   #7
JJS6866
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
OK, but that was the guy with the diamond draw. Surely to God the other guy didn't just have a naked pair of 8s without some kind of straight draw? There is just no way...

EDIT - I realize that I probably misread your original comment about what he had, but the key is that the other guy had to have SOMETHING of value to get it in, and if he had a straight draw or say 2pr+, you weren't in that great of a shape.

Ahhh ok the guy that started out with $17.70 had KK94