THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 16, 2008, 5:37am   #1
bloo
Brunson

bloo
Default .01 to .99 games

worth the trouble or do they just keep evening out to nothing?

(i dont have alot on money i dont want to waste it if it is a waste of time)

ty
bloo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 16, 2008, 5:53am   #2
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

What are you talking about? Do you mean cash games, or tournaments, or???

Whatever the case, they're useful for learning, as well as building a bankroll if you can't/won't deposit more money -- just be sure to ask around about the site these games are hosted on, because depending on what you mean the rake will make these game less profitable/more costly than they need to be.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:01am   #3
TrainedTiger
Flop Artist

TrainedTiger is on a distinguished road

We will take the middle of your range and say .25/.50 stakes, I guess your talking about NL ring games. You really couldn't expect to sustain a win rate much more than about 4.00/hr.
TrainedTiger est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:31am   #4
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainedTiger View Post
We will take the middle of your range and say .25/.50 stakes, I guess your talking about NL ring games. You really couldn't expect to sustain a win rate much more than about 4.00/hr.
Meh, I disagree. If you are pretty good then I think you can make ~5PTBB/100. If you get rakeback from FTP, that's an extra 1.5PTBB or so (lets say 1PTBB/100 to be conservative or whatever). So your net winrate is about 6PTBB/100, or $6/100 hands. If you play 3-4 tables, lets say you get in 300 hands/hour (again fairly conservative). That's $18/hr.

Obviously if you aren't that great then you are likely to be making less than 5PTBB/100 so your winrate could reasonably be about $4.20/hr 3tabling if you are a marginal winner.

To be honest $18/hr is actually higher than what i expected when I first started typing this post but I don't think I've made any mistakes... Of course, just from reading your post, you are very likely to be a losing player or breakeven (marginal winner at best) and so your winrate is likely to be less than $0/hr at 50NL.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:35am   #5
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

TT probably meant on a single table, but yeah, that all sounds about right to me.

If he was referring to cash games, then short answer: No, they are not a waste of time, but learn how to play and read a bit about bankroll management (basically you want 20-30 buyins for the level you are playing, don't chase losses up the stakes, etc.).
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:56am   #6
TrainedTiger
Flop Artist

TrainedTiger is on a distinguished road

I did mean one table, since he expressed small initial bankroll depth this would likely be the case anyway. I love the idea of playing the micro stakes until you annihilate the competition in your sleep. It is only going to make it easier when you don't have to bounce back and forth between stakes forever because you weren't ready with your game proficiency at the same time as your bankroll gets big enough. And don't think it will be difficult, Beating the hell out of micro stakes is much easier than you think, you don't have to be anywhere near perfect, just pay attention really.
TrainedTiger est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 9:12pm   #7
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
Meh, I disagree. If you are pretty good then I think you can make ~5PTBB/100. If you get rakeback from FTP, that's an extra 1.5PTBB or so (lets say 1PTBB/100 to be conservative or whatever). So your net winrate is about 6PTBB/100, or $6/100 hands. If you play 3-4 tables, lets say you get in 300 hands/hour (again fairly conservative). That's $18/hr.

Obviously if you aren't that great then you are likely to be making less than 5PTBB/100 so your winrate could reasonably be about $4.20/hr 3tabling if you are a marginal winner.

To be honest $18/hr is actually higher than what i expected when I first started typing this post but I don't think I've made any mistakes... Of course, just from reading your post, you are very likely to be a losing player or breakeven (marginal winner at best) and so your winrate is likely to be less than $0/hr at 50NL.
I started grinding 25nl 4-5 tabling, and after around 4k hands (not near enough to get an accurate assessment, but still) I'm at about 17 an hour. I'm not even a super grinder, so I imagine it'd be doable to go much higher.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 3:51am   #8
bloo
Brunson

bloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainedTiger View Post
I did mean one table, since he expressed small initial bankroll depth this would likely be the case anyway. I love the idea of playing the micro stakes until you annihilate the competition in your sleep. It is only going to make it easier when you don't have to bounce back and forth between stakes forever because you weren't ready with your game proficiency at the same time as your bankroll gets big enough. And don't think it will be difficult, Beating the hell out of micro stakes is much easier than you think, you don't have to be anywhere near perfect, just pay attention really.
so true what you say here...i have been bouncing back and forth and just plain losing

i am now playing 02-04 1 table 9 player limit

and no i do not pay enough attention

i just fold automatically if i dont get a pocketpair or at least good connector pair.
thanks

Last edited by bloo; Sep 12, 2008 at 3:54am.
bloo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote