THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:32am   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post

I do think I know when to C-bet and when to C-fold enough that I can raise a more varied range out of position.
While there is some truth to this, I would urge caution that in omaha you still only want to raise a 'wider' range of hands that tend to have 'big play potential' (this is Hwang's term for it, anyway) which tends to mean speculative hands or multiway hands. KKJJ is very marginally either of those - it's pretty much a hit/miss set hand imo. If your opponents were more passive, it would be a fine 3-bet since you can probably take it down on the flop practically any time your hand is good unimproved, but if you're up against tough opponents you need to just flat call here in position imo.

I like that shorthanded you 3-bet liberally, but this is the wrong *kind* of hand to do it with imo. Hell give me practically any pair+3 run mid or bettor, or any rundown, or wrap hand + a suit over kkjj for 3-betting this spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:06am   #12
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

I thought I read on 2p2 somewhere that the Hwang book is pretty nitty even by FR standards (but good fundamentals). If that's true then I see why it seems to be TWLLM's Bible.

Last edited by WaxHaX0rS; Jun 29, 2008 at 7:12am.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:38am   #13
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
I thought I read on 2p2 somewhere that the Hwang book is pretty nitty even by FR standards (but good fundamentals). If that's true then I see why it seems to be TWLLM's Bible.
LOL true it is pretty nitty. But, as you said, the fundamentals are solid. The best part of his strategy is the preflop hand strength/dynamics imo. I don't literally just wait for a 16 card wrap like he suggests, but I did learn a lot about hand types and how to play them.

Combining it with a little of Rolf Slotboom's more aggro style should be a good foundation for playing plo at the higher end of lowstakes/lower end of midstakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote