THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 30, 2008, 2:55am   #1
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of
Default Hero Call

What do you think about this one? The all in bet on the river is considerably less than the pot as the villian starts the hand with a 3/4 stack. Villain is loose

Seat 1: joeyjoejr ($2037.10 in chips)
Seat 3: big$trivia ($295.10 in chips)
Seat 4: PRIVATEPILE ($770.50 in chips)
Seat 5: Egar1m ($176 in chips)
PRIVATEPILE: posts small blind $2
Egar1m: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joeyjoejr [Ac Qs Ks 9h]
joeyjoejr: raises $10 to $14
big$trivia: calls $14
PRIVATEPILE: folds
Egar1m: folds
*** FLOP *** [Js 6d 9s]
joeyjoejr: bets $32
big$trivia: calls $32
*** TURN *** [Js 6d 9s] [5h]
joeyjoejr: bets $92
big$trivia: calls $92
*** RIVER *** [Js 6d 9s 5h] [Jd]
joeyjoejr: checks
big$trivia: bets $157.10 and is all-in
joeyjoejr: calls $157.10
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 30, 2008, 4:13am   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

You are probably better off pushing river since the only things you beat are busted draws (there are many, so I don't mind the push), but by c/c'ing you're now forced to beat hands like qttx or other weak pocket pairs that are still better than your 9, but would fold to a push (hopefully).

I don't see him having a jack here unless he has the jack+fd or j+straight draws.

BTW Joey, do you ever consider not betting when you get called on the flop HU? It seems you're always 2/3 barreling in the hhs you post on here. I realize that the hold'em player in us says 'OMG KEEP FIRING' whenever we just get called on a drawy board, but in omaha I'd be concerned about never slowing down when called. Then again, maybe it's just the hhs you post on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 4:34am   #3
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

I check a lot on the turn.
I'm most likely to post bigger hands on here so there more likely to include two barrels. I dont think the turn bet is bad though. He probably wont raise unless he has the straight
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 4:45am   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
I check a lot on the turn.
I'm most likely to post bigger hands on here so there more likely to include two barrels. I dont think the turn bet is bad though. He probably wont raise unless he has the straight
It's not the straight that you fear necessarily, it's the fact that you're committing yourself super light oop on a draw heavy board. I realize he's probably drawing, but sometimes (whether this is one or not) you need to let an unimproved draw take it on the turn b/c you're in a tough spot if you don't.

That said, since you have the FD I don't know if I want to check/fold or c/c either, so maybe betting is right. I was just concerned that it appears from the hands you're posting that you're 2 and 3 barreling pretty much 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote