THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 06, 2008, 1:56am   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrit2002 View Post
Totally agree. I just wanted to point out, that having 3(!) cards blocked at least make a small difference.
I said initially it makes about as much difference as the blinds' contributions. They were both about a 2% difference. This is not a useful way to try to make decisions, especially at the time, let alone when you revamp your play in retrospect. Just ignore blockers unless they change his range significantly (as opposed to your odds against his range, slightly).

For instance, if you have QQ plus an acex and the king of hearts, you not only have blockers, you have evidence his range is probably not nearly as strong against you. He's not as likely to have aaxx, and he might just call on draws now since he can't have the nfd. And they also reduce (somewhat - the kh anyway) his chances of drawing out on you. Those are the blockers you want, not just ones that alter the odds when he happens to have a part of his range.

Obviously a redraw is better than both, but there are 'blockers' and then there are blockers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!