THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:15am   #1
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold
Default Slow rolled online

Turbo fiddy I get ace king under the gun and raise to 90. This dude re raises to 270. So I shove my starting stack of 2k over it. He takes ages then calls for time then wastes a bit of the time thing then calls and flips over aces.

WTF.

Slow rolled online.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:19am   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

This happens. All the time.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:20am   #3
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Meh he was probably thinking why risk your tournament life on a 90/10 when u can outplay your opp !
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:25am   #4
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Still makes him a wanker. I mean I was sitting there going god he has has ace queen or something get on your bike.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:34am   #5
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockers View Post
Turbo fiddy I get ace king under the gun and raise to 90. This dude re raises to 270. So I shove my starting stack of 2k over it.
I stopped reading at this point and just LOL'ed. Not necessarily anything wrong with the play, just that this passes as poker is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:37am   #6
glockers
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
I stopped reading at this point and just LOL'ed. Not necessarily anything wrong with the play, just that this passes as poker is funny.
Its a turbo tournament, quite a standard play - but you run so bad maybe you only play aces or kings at all.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:44am   #7
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM

Quote:
Its a turbo tournament, quite a standard play - but you run so bad maybe you only play aces or kings at all.
You obviously run bad at reading comprehension. First thing I've heard of an Aussie running bad in.

Seriously, how is it not clear what I meant when I said nothing wrong with the play, that I mean its laughable that the GAME counts as poker, not your play. I thought I made that clear.

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:10am   #8
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You know what makes this hilarious, glockers works as a subeditor for a newspaper
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:19am   #9
glockers
Professional

He stated what I did wasn't poker, which is implying I can not play poker. Doesn't matter if he states there is nothing wrong with the post if he then contradicts it and states it isn't poker.

Plus he has history of coming into any post of mine and attacking my play.

Not my fault he is a bitter Omaha loser.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:13am   #10
TWLLM

Quote:
He stated what I did wasn't poker, which is implying I can not play poker. Doesn't matter if he states there is nothing wrong with the post if he then contradicts it and states it isn't poker.

Plus he has history of coming into any post of mine and attacking my play.

Not my fault he is a bitter Omaha loser.

LOL your reading comprehension is still terrible. I didn't say 'what you did isn't poker'. I said 'that this passes for poker is funny'. Now I agree that statement is ambiguous - I could be saying your play is bad, or I could be saying that the play being correct is sad, which would be a comment on turbo mtts being not real poker, not on your play.

If all I had said was 'that this passes for poker is funny', it would be my fault for leaving things ambiguous. But when I said there's nothing wrong with the play IN THE SAME SENTENCEm, directly before it so as to make the second part of the sentence unambiguous, you can hardly take the interpretation that I was mocking the play. Well, you could, but it would be unreasonable.

It's not a contradiction, it's a matter of interpretation. When one thing is ambiguous, you use the context surrounding it to make it more clear. You don't just take a hardcore interpretation based on nothing more than a 50/50 chance that you're right, then deem that anything which disagrees with that interpretation is a 'contradiction'.

Do you actually think that I was intending to insult the play, and I just happened to contradict myself while doing it, in THE SAME SENTENCE? That's just not just silly, that's beyond silly. That's blatantly unreasonable. And this theory of interpretation isn't just some idea I have, it's a fundamental part of the interpretation of words in law (e.g. contracts), not to mention a very basic element of understanding the written word in lay useage. You don't just ignore half a sentence and then conclude based on the other part.

Finally, before you grasp the last desperate (or in this case, disparate, hahaha) straw that I said there wasn't NECESSARILY anything wrong with the play and not 'there is nothing wrong with the play', the reason for 'necessarily' is we don't have full information on your opponent or the situation to be 100% sure. I assume it was a standard push, which is what I was implying, but maybe if you knew he was nitty mcnitterson it wouldn't have been.

/issue.

Furthermore, I don't have a history of attacking your play. I just have a history of laughing at people who don't understand variance, which is why I made comments in, for example, your razz thread. I very rarely comment on your play per se. Again, did I make a comment on your play of the game in the razz thread? Not that I recall.

You edit a newspaper? Given how news agencies operate, I'm not at all surprized. If this were a quote from a celebrity or something and the second part sounded scandalous without the first part (but innocent with the first part), I wouldn't be surprized when the 'quote' contained only the second part so that everyone could be so agast at my mean comments.

Quote: