THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Omaha Ring Games

Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:30pm   #1
CMBurns
Excellent....

CMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond repute
Default Omaha H/L Turnier AI am River

musste mich nach der Hand als Looser beschimpfen lassen, aber da stelle ich doch selbst in Omaha mein Geld rein, oder nicht?

Hab schon Zweifel.....

villian said looser to me at the end of the hand. But even in Omaha I have to bring it in here, or not?

PokerStars Game #19740056129: Tournament #102283075, $5.00+$0.50 Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2008/08/19 - 15:16:12 (ET)
Table '102283075 16' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: lukaluka05 (18898 in chips)
Seat 2: DallasCorben (9326 in chips)
Seat 3: PriamoPoker (3288 in chips)
Seat 4: robroy (6791 in chips)
Seat 5: IPUSHUSHIP (27329 in chips)
Seat 6: CMBurns04 (25292 in chips)
Seat 7: FDH2006 (8337 in chips)
Seat 8: NDTour (8834 in chips)
Seat 9: capt_trip37 (16393 in chips)
IPUSHUSHIP: posts small blind 125
CMBurns04: posts big blind 250
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CMBurns04 [ ]
FDH2006: folds
NDTour: calls 250
capt_trip37: folds
lukaluka05: calls 250
DallasCorben: folds
PriamoPoker: calls 250
robroy: calls 250
IPUSHUSHIP: calls 125
CMBurns04: checks
*** FLOP *** [ ]
IPUSHUSHIP: checks
CMBurns04: checks
NDTour: checks
lukaluka05: checks
PriamoPoker: checks
robroy: checks
*** TURN *** [ ] []
IPUSHUSHIP: checks
CMBurns04: bets 1500
NDTour: folds
lukaluka05: raises 2750 to 4250
PriamoPoker: folds
robroy: folds
IPUSHUSHIP: folds
IPUSHUSHIP said, "worry about urself"
CMBurns04: raises 10000 to 14250
lukaluka05: raises 4398 to 18648 and is all-in
CMBurns04: calls 4398

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...0&postcount=44
================================================== =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
CMBurns hast du noch einen Termin frei, nachdem du Phill Ivey gecoached hast?
Ich will auch so eine Art Chuck Norris im Onlinepoker werden.

Last edited by CMBurns; Aug 19, 2008 at 9:42pm.
CMBurns est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:32pm   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Hey CM, could you post your question(s) in both english and german for us? Most of your potential responders will be english-only on this part of the forum. But there are some good hi/lo players here that could help you (Krappy, MikkeD for tourneys obv, and, uh.... yeah... Swoop. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:07pm   #3
sashstar
Professional

sashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond repute

nice spot, not for you

second nuts, but maybe he would have played his Q at the flop
so really really really bad but i think youre beat :\

anyway I call \o/

Last edited by sashstar; Aug 19, 2008 at 10:13pm.
sashstar est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:13pm   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I'm not good enough to fold this in a $5 buy-in, he could have AQ, etc (although he almost definitely bets hands with one queen on the flop...)

That leaves Q7, 77 which he also bets on the flop...

He could have something like 23 with a turned royal flush draw maybe? KsJs23?

... but of course he almost certainly has QQ.

That still doesn't mean I'm good enough to fold it though.

This looks like one of those hands where it's clear that villain has QQ most of the time but it only becomes clear after you've already committed more than two thirds of your stack with the 3bet.

Sick spot. You're usually beat here, but in a $5 tournament i'm calling anyway incase villain is a moron.

I throw up a bit and call the 4bet, expecting to see QQxx. I play the hand pretty similarly to you, although as the usual disclaimer, i'm a NLHE MTT player and any non Hold'em advice I give is probably bad.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 1:26pm   #5
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the question? I hope it isnt can I lay down the second nuts on the turn getting ~9 to 1 on a call. The fact that this is for 5$ the WTF hand range is high enough to make the call. Plus you can put him on a hand like AQxx etc, so this is a snap call. To be clear this is QQ alot but not nearly enough to fold.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:54pm   #6
CMBurns
Excellent....

CMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
To be clear this is QQ alot but not nearly enough to fold.
This was exactly the question. I play Omaha H/L not very long and after losing the hand against QQ villian told me that I'm a loser, and I want to know if I have to lay this down in Omaha.

Otherwise I tripled up earlier on by scoop the put with High nuts against 1 villian with 2nd nuts and 1 villian with only a non nut lowdraw.

Otherwise: If this is QQ a lot of the time, isn't it better to call the turn raise and c/c the river?

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...0&postcount=44
================================================== =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
CMBurns hast du noch einen Termin frei, nachdem du Phill Ivey gecoached hast?
Ich will auch so eine Art Chuck Norris im Onlinepoker werden.
CMBurns est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 4:38pm   #7
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
What is the question? I hope it isnt can I lay down the second nuts on the turn getting ~9 to 1 on a call. The fact that this is for 5$ the WTF hand range is high enough to make the call. Plus you can put him on a hand like AQxx etc, so this is a snap call. To be clear this is QQ alot but not nearly enough to fold.
Agreed. This is not a fold. Especially in a $5 hi/lo tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 7:45pm   #8
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

That could work too, but the telling factor is when he 4bets. He raises wider than just QQ, I would assume, on the turn.

TWLLM, is just calling his turn raise and c/c river a better line here? I'm curious too.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:06pm   #9
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
That could work too, but the telling factor is when he 4bets. He raises wider than just QQ, I would assume, on the turn.

TWLLM, is just calling his turn raise and c/c river a better line here? I'm curious too.

+1

I believe a raise on the turn is +ev.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:23pm   #10
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Without some sort of good read, I wouldn't take a naked Q out of his range at this level (although, I don't have much experience or anything, I would just assume many $5 players would think trips is the nuts).
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote