THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:08am   #11
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frufru View Post
I want to see the hand from Villain at the SD, i want to calldown with ace high, i want to call on the turn with my gutshotdraw and so on.
Check all that apply:

[ ] Wha...wha...wha...WHAT?

[ ] You pay my mortgage

[ ] Please don't hide from searches

[ ] Reason #312 that I don't play limit

[ ] Reason #1 that I should play limit

[ ] ><((('>

[ ] One hell of a limit sales pitch

[ ] Skeptix's momma plays limit
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 20, 2008, 1:26am   #12
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
Check all that apply:
[X] NL player got lost - found himself in FL forum yet again, posting and dissing FL players - as per usual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 3:24am   #13
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2k6 View Post
This is why I pay 15BB/month for poker advice
I warned you that too much minbet will have to expressing everything in life in terms of bets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 3:50am   #14
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

FL players suck!!1!
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:08am   #15
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
I warned you that too much minbet will have to expressing everything in life in terms of bets.

So tempted to use Mod powers to edit Wax's post...for now I'll just assume that Fl players jumping to NL is hurting NL players' winrates

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Last edited by Boomer2k6; Sep 20, 2008 at 2:38pm.
Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:36pm   #16
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkeD View Post
[X] NL player got lost - found himself in FL forum yet again, posting and dissing FL players - as per usual.
[X] Fails to understand humor without smilies attached

[X] Has holier than thou attitude
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:44pm   #17
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
[X] Fails to understand humor without smilies attached

[X] Has holier than thou attitude

[X] Was continuing in the same vein as you.

[X] Is fed up with 'NL rocks, FL sucks' attitude, and will stand up for FL players.

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

Old Sep 21, 2008, 3:52am   #18
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

I don't think I am a "NL rulz, FL sucks" person, I just find humor in this:

"I want to see the hand from Villain at the SD, i want to calldown with ace high, i want to call on the turn with my gutshotdraw and so on."
Old Sep 21, 2008, 4:32am   #19
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

Quote:
I don't think I am a "NL rulz, FL sucks" person, I just find humor in this:

"I want to see the hand from Villain at the SD, i want to calldown with ace high, i want to call on the turn with my gutshotdraw and so on."
I think Frufru was also making this point without a smiley too! ...

... although at the same time making a valid point about how FL can be more satisfying because you have more chances of actually playing some hands of poker, instead of just nut-peddling x-tables of NL HE.

Each to their own - I am also with Frufru in that I have tried NL on several occasions, and it just doesn't work for me in the cash game.

Avoid a job you don't like, even if you might get paid more for it - if that job causes you more stress than the job you like.

Same with poker, whether it is a job or hobby.

nm

Old Sep 21, 2008, 4:43am   #20
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Well I agree with your logic and have played quite a few hands of fixed limit myself, live and online. Its good to be profficient at all forms of poker.

As far as your take on jobs as compared to poker though, do you avoid a stressfull high-paying job to work a slightly less stressful job that is very similar but pays much lower? In my line of work I do both, sort of like playing both NL and FL. I work my primary job where much is expected of me and then I work on the side doing very similar work but make my own hours, answer only to myself but make considerably less as compared to my main job. I do it for the extra income but can't live on it.

If the post I quoted was a level then I've been gotten...;)