THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 09, 2008, 5:22pm   #1
mglanfield
Fish

mglanfield is on a distinguished road
Default Luck? (Bad)

I have started playing onine recently having played around 20 home games for money. For a few months I have been fine, making money (slowly) but recently I have had absolutely no luck whatsoever. I have been playing tournaments, around $2.5 buy in. I play quite conservatively, and tend not to bluff pre flop. unforchanately whenever i get a hand worth playing i'm put in an awful situation on the flop, with 3 suited cards and no pair. generally there is a big raise so i cant play. this keeps happening so i basically end up bleeding chips until i drop out (finishing around 4/5) .
Also I have been calling people who go all in when im sure that they have nothing, and almost all of the time they dont - i.e 45 suited or even low unsuited cards. I call in strong situation such as AK suited or Pair 10 and above. But every time the other guy seems to get a straight or flush!
If anyone can give me advive either on sitations to bluff in or anything else this would be appreciated

miles
mglanfield est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:30pm   #2
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Either get over bad beats or quit. Only the real two good options. Also try to be conscious of your selective memory. When you start thinking "oh my god they suck out EVERY GOD DAMNED TIME", you're not thinking rationally and you won't be able to play well.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:29pm   #3
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglanfield View Post
I play quite conservatively, and tend not to bluff pre flop.
It's hard to know what you mean about this for sure, but I'm almost certain that this is indicative of a variety of leaks in your game. I'd guess that the hands you consider bluffs number too many.

Quote:
Also I have been calling people who go all in when im sure that they have nothing, and almost all of the time they dont - i.e 45 suited or even low unsuited cards. I call in strong situation such as AK suited or Pair 10 and above. But every time the other guy seems to get a straight or flush!
If anyone can give me advive either on sitations to bluff in or anything else this would be appreciated
This is partially just variance, but if you're only calling TT+ and AK, you're definitely too tight against a lot of opponents.

Crazy shit happens in all-in preflop situations, but it doesn't change the percentages.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:12am   #4
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

My advice would be to get some sort of documentation software, i.e. poketracker or HEM. If you play 10k hands and are way under expectation then you just must be unlucky....

However, if you are a losing player then you'll see it, and can make appropriate changes.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:26pm   #5
mojicanoe
Banned

mojicanoe is infamous around these parts
Default Luck? (Bad)

Well the post seems to be very old and you might have been a good poker player till now, and you might have learnt good poker tactics till now.

But still if you need the you must play poker at a good stake to be a good poker player. Bluffing will surely help try implement the different bluffing techniques in your game. First of all try these techniques in free poker gaming sites.
mojicanoe est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:59pm   #6
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Hahaha, he made that post 2 years ago, it was his first post and he never replied to the thread.

I doubt he'll be back somehow.
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:56pm   #7
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

I must play poker at an awesome stake to be an awesome poker player? Is that how this game works? Is there 12 inch cock stakes anywhere because I'm in.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 4:20pm   #8
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojicanoe View Post
... try these techniques in free poker gaming sites.
I'm eager to know which ones? Pls tell me ASAP
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:57am   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Me too. I am incapable of finding an online poker room. PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote