THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Dec 07, 2008, 7:36pm   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

It's probably an enforceable contract, unless the other party was under 18 (which given you were staking him for 25nl isn't impossible - lol) or if the contract is unenforceable because it is contrary to statute or public policy (not sure if transferring him $ to gamble with would be contrary to the UGIEA since it's focused on funding gaming, not playing, or whether there would be any applicable state law in either of your jurisdictions), or if the agreement was unconscionable.

Consult a lawyer in your jurisdiction if you want legal advice, because I can't give you any. The above is just general information - if you want specific advice you need a proper lawnit (not just one in training). On a personal level, I'd probably try to go through 2+2 - they tend to have some ability to scrounge up info on perpetrators and/or effect compliance.

I can practically guarantee it will cost you more than your share of the $ to pursue the claim through legal channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 07, 2008, 7:38pm   #12
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Prodigy View Post
The only thing i have of that nature is an aol conversation that we had where i basically told him what the agreement/ arragement was and he accepted it.
Transcript of an agreement is a useful thing. Formality is less important for some agreements than others - a land transfer arranged in this way would probably never be enforceable, but a staking agreement could probably be enforced on less than this, lol. Also, if you told him the terms and he accepted without any real 'discussion' it might change how a court would interpret the agreement if there's any question over its interpretation (as opposed to its existence).

But let me reiterate, it's probably not worth pursuing financially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 7:51pm   #13
JJS6866
Grinder

JJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really niceJJS6866 is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I know you probably don't want to hear any more about what you did wrong in this situation but...

Why did you ship him 20 buy ins to start?? You shoulda gone with like 5 at a time and then if he burned through the first couple and couldn't provide reasons as to why you could have dropped him.
JJS6866 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 8:32pm   #14
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

What JJS said, as well as other advice in the thread. You have recourse, iyam, but your chances of success are not very high, and probably not worth pursuing when the payoff is compared to the time, effort, and expenses involved.

I'd probably make a thread about it on 2p2 just to ensure that this player is not trusted for future stakes/transfers, etc.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 9:03pm   #15
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

whos signature is this from?:

When a man with experience meets a man with money, the man with experience leaves with the money and the guy with the money leaves with experience.

No, dont follow the implications.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 9:14pm   #16
Poker Prodigy
Brunson

Poker Prodigy is on a distinguished road

I don't care if it costs me 5000$ in expenses, but i am going after this scum and putting him behind bars.
Poker Prodigy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 9:24pm   #17
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Poker Prodigy this scoundrel is most horrible, fortunately for you you've been very lucky. You're heir to one billion Euros, all you need to do is pay the $20,000 Euro legal fees. Unfortunately you'll have to pay the fees first.

Contact me here:

http://www.nigeriangriffer.com

or here:

http://.www.russianidtheif.com

ps don't click these links-they might work

If both Americans you could take this to small claims court-it would still likely cost you more to collect it than the money you lost, but satisfaction is worth it.

You're good-so you can't have dealings with the law, as any penalty they would inflict is not proportional (aka just).

You're evil, but lawful-get lucky and send him to the house of pain. Go for it you know you want to.

You're evil and lawless-send him to the land under your feet. You know dispatching him will be fun and one never knows he might have your money on him or if less evil torture him for satisfaction and your money.

I would ask him just to pay your $500 back-he might have a shred of decency or take him to small claims court

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 10:50pm   #18
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

Open to offers if anyone wants to steak me for a 100nl, site of their choosing, working out the deposit bonus and majority percentage of the profit, you just let me know! Beating 50NL at 3.3 BB/100 over 30'000 hands, first month playing.

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 08, 2008, 12:11am   #19
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

putting him behind bars
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 08, 2008, 12:27am   #20
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

You could get him to think that you have a lawyer and are going to sue. That way he might figure out the same thing you know. That the lawyer fees are greater than the amount in question.

Why can't you take it to small claims court or something?

To expand on what Gus said. You should also have played with him a fair bit. Thats the only way to properly judge his competency as well as his tilt control.

Last edited by KS_Perfection; Dec 08, 2008 at 12:31am.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote