THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 09, 2008, 5:09am   #1
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold
Default PStars After All?

After all the dicking around researching the best bonuses and different sites and bullshit deposit and withraw options, I may just crawl on back to PStars. Cake is soft and it's been good there but I look in the lobby of PStars and see 5x the amount of players at .25/.50. People say why play at PStars when there are better rake back options and the competition is tougher, but being able to always be on a table with 50% of players seeing the flop has to be a huge, huge advantage. No? I think I would hit a Gold V.I.P., anyone compare how that relates to regular rakeback all things considered? I suppose I could sift through 2+2 and find an answer but meh, somebody here could probably throw my lazy ass an idea....

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 09, 2008, 5:37am   #2
Geth
Professional

Geth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Geth

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/i...rstars-vip.php
Geth est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2008, 10:59pm   #3
Kristuzz
Grinder

Kristuzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kristuzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kristuzz

I would think you would get the same from full tilt + rb + bigger deposit bonus... no?
Old Dec 09, 2008, 11:02pm   #4
Banalanal
Grinder

Banalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to beholdBanalanal is a splendid one to behold

yeah, pstars deposit withdraw echecks are as good as they get tho. i actually ended up depositing at ladbrokes today. we'll see how that goes.

-TWLLM

I wish I spoke the German.
Banalanal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:23pm   #5
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Also, here is the Stars VIP Calculator
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:30am   #6
Geth
Professional

Geth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Geth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr View Post
Also, here is the Stars VIP Calculator
worst tool ever

9 handed turbo sngs

stake 30$

12 tabling(thats the max lol)

20 hours a week

result: Monthly VPP Total: 46440.

my calculation:

20 hours a week=~80 hours a month

when 12 tabling turbos u make ~16 sngs/ hour on average

30$ stakes mean 3$ fee thats 15 VPP

16sng/hr x 15VPP=240 VPP/hr

240VPP x 80hr = 19200 VPP month

calc said 46k VPP

thats not even close
Geth est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:38am   #7
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

The calculator (for cash games anyway) is probably based on old numbers about the rake per hand. With the games having gotten tougher and therefore less raked in all likelihood, I wouldn't be surprized if the numbers are way off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:22am   #8
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

It's the Stars VIP calculator, from Stars. Of course it's going to overstate the # of points you actually earn.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 3:45pm   #9
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
After all the dicking around researching the best bonuses and different sites and bullshit deposit and withraw options, I may just crawl on back to PStars. Cake is soft and it's been good there but I look in the lobby of PStars and see 5x the amount of players at .25/.50. People say why play at PStars when there are better rake back options and the competition is tougher, but being able to always be on a table with 50% of players seeing the flop has to be a huge, huge advantage. No? I think I would hit a Gold V.I.P., anyone compare how that relates to regular rakeback all things considered? I suppose I could sift through 2+2 and find an answer but meh, somebody here could probably throw my lazy ass an idea....
Using Geth's link and assuming you're playing 4 hours a day while 4 tabling $50 NL the rakeback is 27.2 at stars, but this figure includes the value of their free tourneys, using Hustlr's one one get $285/month in RB (but only as a reward one would have to clear) vs full tilts $552 RB+deposit bonus=full tilt is a much better deal both in terms of the softness of the games and rewards.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 4:22pm   #10
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

FWIW I think Stars only overtakes Full Tilt on deals when you play a vast amount of poker (i.e. Supernova and SNE) if you're anywhere below that the flat 27% RB and Iron man stuff on Tilt is ahead of Stars.

Add to the fact both sites have similar rake structures it comes down to how much you think the customer support and maybe slightly better games on Stars at low limits due to much heavier traffic is worth.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote