THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:33pm   #1
hailfabio
Flop Artist

hailfabio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This is standard right??

Sorry no HH. Last night got deep in Stars $11 Rebuy ($70,000 GDT), I don't usually get deep since I'm such a Noob but I ran hot for a change.

Was 14/30 with $500k, $16k blinds - dealt AK on the button, it folds to me so I raise to $100k, SB folds, BB goes all in to $260k...

I can't fold can I?
hailfabio est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:36pm   #2
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

lol nevar. you are doing a fist pump dance as well. and 100k seems like a big open if the BB is 16k.
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:11pm   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You raised way too much preflop (40-48k would be normal) and fistpump call a shove regardless of your open size.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:13pm   #4
hailfabio
Flop Artist

Yeah it was insta-call for me and then he flipped AA...... which left me with 10BB which I then donked off in a 3-way pot with KJ. I thought I was on for final table but walking into AA gave me a 29 finish and cost me a few quid.

Could I have folded?
Was my opening raise too big?
Was this just unavoidable?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:20pm   #5
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

No, yes and yes respectively.

Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:36pm   #6
hailfabio
Flop Artist

Cheers!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:32pm   #7
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I would stack off with like A9+ KT+ QJ and 55+ for 16BB

some tourney guy could probably even give you a better range

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:55pm   #8
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

That range is close enough. Against $2 rebuy donks, i'd probably open shove the lower part of that range from the button and open raise the upper part (JJ+, AK) in an attempt to get them to resteal all in from the SB or BB.

In any case, we can all agree that there is no way you are ever folding AK preflop here.

Also, in a tournament, there are VERY few circumstances where it is correct to raise to more than 3.5x in the late stages of a tournament (unless you're open shoving) although this is less important at microstakes obviously since the players will be worse and fail to adapt.

Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:58pm   #9
hailfabio
Flop Artist

Can I ask why raising more than 3.5x is bad? I'm really on a drive to improve my game...
Old Jan 30, 2009, 4:44pm   #10
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

because theres no point in raising more

If you raise that much, the guy with A8o will probably have an easier time to fold because he cant have much FE there if he raises. Plus its nice to be able to steal cheaply. When the blinds are getting big, 2.5X or 3X is well enough to steal

Could you have folded? hmm... Would you still ask this if you had kings vs his obvious! Aces?
Time to starting thinking in terms of good and bad plays, not with good and bad results
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote