THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:12am   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Irc

Does IRC lag horribly for anyone else? After a few minutes, I can't type for some reason (or my messages don't appear anyway) although I can still see other peoples messages, mine take over a minute to appear most of the time.

Reloading the page often fixes this, but a few minutes later it's the same. I have broadband and my internet connection continues working fine for everything else while this is occurring.

Does anyone else experience the same problem or have any idea what's causing it and what I can do to fix it? It's really annoying.

...or am I just that annoying that i've been muted by the mod? ;)

Last edited by SwoopAE; Feb 23, 2009 at 5:42am.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 23, 2009, 5:21am   #2
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Yup I had the same thing and yup it's frigging annoying. As was the moaning by TWLLM.

It took damn near 30 seconds for my messages to appear in the shared chat window and by the time it appeared, TWLLM had started moaning about a different topic and my hilarious comments were out of sync with the convo.

If you work out the problem swoop let me know so I can pop in to tell TWLLM he likes men. Cheers!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:14am   #3
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

@Swoop, I think it's your internet. There is some minor LAG with IRC, but nothing like what you were experiencing over the weekend.

@ G6A: I don't recall 'moaning' about things while you were there - although I have bitched in IRC before, many times, of which there is no doubt.

In fact, I seem to remember it was you who was bitching and moaning - something about not liking me giving you -rep for a 'douche-ish' post you made.

I will, however, give you full credit for your siggy. It's clearly still tainted with your inherent douchery, but it's humorous and I think it represents a step in the right direction for you. Let the healing begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2009, 3:11pm   #4
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Chatzilla seems to do the job for most people who are using firefox.

Those who like a separate irc client have many choices and the most common one is

mirc.com

Although if you do not pay for it after 30 days you will get a time nag at start up that eventually will go away and you can continue life as normal after the delays.

There are many other free clients you can use to get your IRC on
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:45pm   #5
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to KHSPoker21

+1 for ChatZilla
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:15pm   #6
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
@Swoop, I think it's your internet. There is some minor LAG with IRC, but nothing like what you were experiencing over the weekend.

@ G6A: I don't recall 'moaning' about things while you were there - although I have bitched in IRC before, many times, of which there is no doubt.

Oh, I could have sworn the topic set by you when I signed in was about Omaha hi/lo and how rubbish it was, then you started complaining about the rep thing showing who gave positive and neg rep. Honestly TWLLM I don't know how your bf puts up with it all.

In fact, I seem to remember it was you who was bitching and moaning - something about not liking me giving you -rep for a 'douche-ish' post you made.

You gave me neg rep for trying to make Fred feel better about his downswing!!!

I will, however, give you full credit for your siggy. It's clearly still tainted with your inherent douchery, but it's humorous and I think it represents a step in the right direction for you. Let the healing begin.
I may have inherent douchery but I'M NOT HUMOUROUS!!........wait a minute that's not right. I hate you
Old Mar 09, 2009, 5:07am   #7
KHSPoker21
Pirate

KHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of lightKHSPoker21 is a glorious beacon of light

Is IRC down or something?

I keep getting a "Blacklisted Proxy Found" error
Old Mar 09, 2009, 5:23am   #8
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

It is working for me. What program are you using?
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2009, 5:38am   #9
KHSPoker21
Pirate

Chatzilla. It worked fine until I went back down to Tampa from Gainesville.

Perhaps the IP address down here is under a ban or something?
Old Mar 09, 2009, 5:57am   #10
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to MRVEGAS

Ive noticed on other forums an MSN "instant chat" feature, be alot easier and more accessible to avg member.

Maybe not as tightly regulated either

MRV
“The weak are the most treacherous of us all. They come to the strong and drain them. They are bottomless. They are insatiable. They are always parched and always bitter. They are everyone’s concern and like vampires they suck our life’s blood.” Bette Davis
MRVEGAS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote