THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:26am   #1
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default 50k hands in a month, rake race and 50nl goals

Just going to start this thread here and post an update each night if I can remember. I'll just re-edit this initial thread as I go along. Here is the deal : after running a freeroll win up to almost 2,000 I withdrew a little over half of it and paid off some bills. I took the remaining winnings and re-deposited back into the cake network but this time got rakeback (yay!), a nice deposit bonus (yay x2) and a very interesting promotion called a "rakeback race".

So starting with $800 two days ago on January 7th I have played a fair number of hands at $20nl. Somewhere as of the writing of this I have played 7,000 hands. I have earned $40 of my $500 bonus and have a balance of $840. To be honest I made some early errors of judgement, overplayed top pair w/ top kick and got my money in bad at least 4 times with KK vs AA. To be brutally honest I was down to 745$ but stopped the bleeding with some honest review and self analysis. That and my wife asked me if I was playing too many hands again. I was. Moving along.

The idea is I would like to win the rake race, even with my late start at it. The promotion has a really sweat prize pool of over 15k. The big plus side is that there is not very many folks in the rake race. I will keep updates if folks are interested. A secondary goal is to see if I can actually play 3k hands per day and effectively get in over 50k hands for the month. I would also like to reach 50nl by reaching 2k in my bankroll.

I am 8-12 tabling and putting in about 8 hours a day on this, divided into three sessions typically around my kids schedules.

Ending January 10th Way Behind Schedule:
Hands Dealt: 6012
Hands Raked: 1852
Total Rake: $57.17
Current Balance: $878.48
Poker Tracker: VPIP 14.5%, PFR 7%, TAF 1.44

Ending January 11th Catching up somewhat:
Hands Dealt: 8700
Hands Raked: 2650
Total Rake: $79.85
Current Balance: $942.15
Poker Tracker: Not updated yet

Ending January 12th
Hands Dealt: 9781
Hands Raked: 2978
Total Rake: $90.01
Current Balance: $911.67
Position in rake race: 20 = $200

Ending January 17th
Hands Dealt: 14373
Hands Raked: 4700
Total Rake: $147.26
Current Balance: $785
Position in rake race: 28 = $100

Ending January 18th
Hands Dealt: 15895
Hands Raked: 5167
Total Rake: $161.36
Current Balance: $779
Position in rake race: 28 = $100

Last edited by IronLen1972; Jan 18, 2009 at 5:24pm.
IronLen1972 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 10, 2009, 8:03am   #2
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

Pretty hard to win rake races playing 20NL-50NL cause there will be grinders playing the same amount of hands at 200NL and above. Not sure about your rake affliate but I played like 40k hands in December @ 100NL and got 7th for like $350. If there really aren't enough people competing in the rake race than i wish you luck. Good experience even if you dont win it. GL.

Last edited by Red4Eva; Jan 10, 2009 at 8:05am.
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:56pm   #3
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

nice idea for a thread gl

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:18pm   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't get your hopes up about the rake race for the reasons stated by Red4Eva, but nonetheless, I hope things go well for you with the multitabling/rakeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:52pm   #5
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

ty 1 and all. its actually going much better than expected....

that being said - there are some grinders that I have to catch so getting to 50nl will help immensely.

it also helps that imo im playing reasonably well for a multi-table donkfest. so far today im sitting on almost exactly 900, on my first session. ill log two more before the day is out and see where i sit, and update the first post.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:30am   #6
IronLen1972
Degenerate

hands like these came up alot for me tonight. variance is an ugly ugly beast:

Hand #1742011570000229: Calgary 11570
Seat 1: Hard*** (25.65 in chips)
Seat 2: OnDa*** (6.85 in chips)
Seat 3: rist*** (6.00 in chips)
Seat 4: STEV*** (11.20 in chips)
Seat 6: The Hero (31.75 in chips)
Seat 7: rsd8*** (18.00 in chips)
Seat 8: bsol*** (13.55 in chips)
Seat 10: posp*** (7.75 in chips)
bsol***: posts small blind $0.10
Hard***: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to The Hero[ Jd Jc ]
OnDa***: folds
STEV***: folds
The Hero: calls
rsd8***: folds
bsol***: raises to $0.40
Hard***: folds
The Hero: raises to $0.60
bsol***: raises to $0.80
The Hero: calls
@@@ F_L_O_P @@@ [ Qs 3c Jh ]
bsol***: bets $1
The Hero: raises to $2
bsol***: raises to $3
The Hero: raises to $4
bsol***: raises to $5
The Hero: is all in 26.9500
bsol***: is all in 7.7500
The Hero: returns uncalled bet $18.20
The Hero: shows Jd Jc
bsol***: shows Ac Ad
# # # TURN # # # [ Qc ]
&&& RIVER &&& [ Ah ]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bsol*** wins $25.95 with Full House, Aces full of Queens

I couldn't find the hand but another hand where I made a mistake was with 99, got it all in preflop with a maniac - not sure why I thought coin flipping was suddenly the best play in the world but maniac turned over king + another over something or other and immediately spiked a king on the flop. brain farted away another buy in there too. Still managed to have an overall break even session more or less. would have been a plus session had a couple of two outers not come in and had i kept it in my pants with a mediocre pair.

Last edited by IronLen1972; Jan 11, 2009 at 4:33am.
IronLen1972 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:43am   #7
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

I wish I was doing this, so keep posting so I can live vicariously through you!
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 5:37am   #8
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Good lucky with moving up in stakes! But seriously, you cant be serious about winning(!!) any rakerace anywhere on the net playing 50NL. Impossible.
Winner will rake AT LEAST 6-7K. Minimum. I never was in the top 10 of any rakerace with 30K hands of medstakes and no late starts here.
Dont force yourself to play for it... Its tough as hell to play good poker when you dont really feel like playing
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 5:48am   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Good luck.

Any volume based cash game bet would make me want to kill myself.

I do think I could put in a lot of tournament hours if there was some equivalent thing... but man, your mental toughness to sit through that many hours of multi-tabling cash... I salute you.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:39pm   #10
IronLen1972
Degenerate

Here are a few interesting hands that came up:

Hand #1742011342000977: Calgary 11342
Seat 1: Vega*** (15.72 in chips)
Seat 2: arek*** (4.00 in chips)
Seat 3: Will*** (15.55 in chips)
Seat 4: Totu*** (17.25 in chips)
Seat 5: wedg*** (25.50 in chips)
Seat 6: Hero (19.80 in chips)
Seat 7: Yolk*** (9.36 in chips)
Seat 8: bust*** (4.00 in chips)
Seat 9: king*** (8.60 in chips)
Seat 10: OKJC*** (8.47 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind $0.10
Yolk***: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to Hero[ Qs Qd ]
king***: raises to $0.60
OKJC***: folds
Vega***: folds
arek***: folds
Will***: folds
Totu***: folds
wedg***: folds
Hero: raises to $1.80
Yolk***: folds
king***: raises to $5
Hero: folds
Hero: shows Qs Qd
king***: returns uncalled bet $3.20
*** SHOW DOWN ***
king***: mucks
king*** wins $3.80

No Read whatsoever on the villain. My main beef with how I played this was that I brain locked and showed my fold. Killed my action for the longest time.

and #1742011294000687: Calgary 11294
Seat 1: RENZ*** (12.00 in chips)
Seat 2: Misa*** (10.45 in chips)
Seat 3: $$Mo*** (10.80 in chips)
Seat 4: Yolk*** (11.75 in chips)
Seat 5: Graz*** (4.00 in chips)
Seat 6: Hero (20.00 in chips)
Seat 7: arek*** (4.00 in chips)
Seat 8: Will*** (19.55 in chips)
Seat 9: 9672*** (8.80 in chips)
Seat 10: Totu*** (10.20 in chips)
Graz***: posts small blind $0.10
Hero: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to Hero[ 9d 9s ]
Will***: folds
9672***: calls
Totu***: folds
Misa***: raises to $0.70
$$Mo***: folds
Yolk***: folds
Graz***: folds
Hero: calls
9672***: calls
@@@ F_L_O_P @@@ [ 9h Kd 4c ]
Hero: checks
9672***: checks
Misa***: bets $1
Hero: calls
9672***: folds
# # # TURN # # # [ 3h ]
Hero: checks
Misa***: checks
&&& RIVER &&& [ 7h ]
Hero: bets $4.20
Misa***: calls
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Hero: shows [ 9d 9s ] (Three of a Kind, Nines )
Misa***: mucks
Hero wins $12 with Three of a Kind, Nines
Misa***: mucks [ Td, Tc ] (Pair)

Did I get max value? Unsure. Wasnt quite sure what the villain had to call down.

Another hand, easy to explain. Folded KK preflop, raised 5x the blinds, got re-raised another 20x the blinds (!) and folded because the player in question was at my estimation a complete moron and a total rock. I double brain locked though and showed my fold yet again like an even bigger moron. Action death kill plz k thnks bye.

Session going ok, sitting at $920.