THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:34pm   #21
john_delay
underwhelmed

john_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond reputejohn_delay has a reputation beyond repute

pics or it didn't happen

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:59pm   #22
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_delay View Post
it didn't happen

fyp

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:21pm   #23
MCT
Brunson

MCT has a spectacular aura aboutMCT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_delay View Post
pics or it didn't happen
Then I guess it didn't happen. I honestly don't have the inclination to go after whatever it is you think I can prove. I mean, pics of what exactly?

The absolute most I will concede to is the number of hands played being slightly (and I mean slightly) high, and maybe having been dealt 4 or 5 hands that you might consider better than the trash I've described. But even then those hands are not much in the way of starting hands and would be something like a J8o or whatever.

Perhaps I need to be more concise in future posts, I dunno. You guys being who you are (poker players) it's difficult to get away with much if you know what I mean.

I'm here for information, not reputation.
MCT est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2009, 8:32am   #24
WJF84
Brunson

WJF84 will become famous soon enoughWJF84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to WJF84

Last edited by WJF84; Aug 28, 2010 at 5:42pm.
WJF84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2009, 4:31pm   #25
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Sure, if you look at a particular set of 500 hands you'll get that probability. But I think you should be looking at all sets of 500 hand stretches over the entire sample of 25k hands or whatever. I think the probability of it happening sometime over that sample goes up a ton, but still not super likely.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2009, 4:50pm   #26
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
Sure, if you look at a particular set of 500 hands you'll get that probability. But I think you should be looking at all sets of 500 hand stretches over the entire sample of 25k hands or whatever. I think the probability of it happening sometime over that sample goes up a ton, but still not super likely.
The probability of not getting a single top 8.7% hand 500 hands in a row is (1-0.087)^500 = 1.72x10^-20 (1 in 50 quintillion!!!). Even if you want to think of every 500 hand stretch in the 25K as independent (which they aren't) and mutiply by 25,000 the odds only increase to 4.3x10^-16 (1 in 2 quadrillion).

It didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCT View Post
Then I guess it didn't happen. I honestly don't have the inclination to go after whatever it is you think I can prove. I mean, pics of what exactly?
PT or HEM stats would be what you are looking for, but really it's ok. You had a bad stretch. It probably seemed worse than it really was and you aren't remembering the AJo etc. that you were getting UTG+1 with an UTG raiser etc. We're giving you a hard time, but you are claiming a truly unbelievable thing.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2009, 7:09pm   #27
MCT
Brunson

MCT has a spectacular aura aboutMCT has a spectacular aura about

Goddamn poker players...

You're right, it did seem worse. No AJ's though. I'd remember such an amazing hand.
MCT est déconnecté   Reply With Quote