THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 05, 2009, 8:31am   #11
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

How did you end up Skeptix?

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:06pm   #12
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

If anyone wants to swap 5-10% in FTOPS 2 come find me at my table (while it's early and we have even stacks of course)

Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:23pm   #13
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

First big pot. Both players are massive donks. One repotted JJTT in a previous hand. Unfortunate flop. I don't think check/folding is too weak this deep, is it?

It's still a repot there with three of the aces in my hand isn't it, especially since it means at least once of them doesn't have an ace? I can pot any two-low board and be looking good to scoop if called?

Full Tilt Poker Game #10450720323: FTOPS Event #2 (73861627), Table 127 - 20/40 - Pot Limit Omaha H/L - 14:19:08 ET - 2009/02/05
Seat 1: Chip Jett (5,045)
Seat 2: imabigkidnow (4,850), is sitting out
Seat 4: SwoopAE (5,102)
Seat 5: Jonny Big Cash (4,460)
Seat 6: alekksy (5,039)
Seat 7: PiranhaFlower (4,870)
Seat 8: Madame Maria (4,374)
Seat 9: Surfbum4life (6,260)
SwoopAE posts the small blind of 20
Jonny Big Cash posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Ac As 3c Ah]
alekksy raises to 140
SwoopAE: well then
SwoopAE: chop it up
PiranhaFlower calls 140
Madame Maria folds
Surfbum4life folds
Chip Jett folds
imabigkidnow folds
SwoopAE raises to 600
SwoopAE: my turn to repot imo
Jonny Big Cash has 15 seconds left to act
Jonny Big Cash folds
alekksy calls 460
PiranhaFlower calls 460
*** FLOP *** [5h Js Qd]
SwoopAE checks
alekksy checks
PiranhaFlower has 15 seconds left to act
PiranhaFlower bets 840
SwoopAE folds
SwoopAE: bad board
alekksy calls 840
*** TURN *** [5h Js Qd] [9s]
alekksy checks
PiranhaFlower has 15 seconds left to act
PiranhaFlower bets 1,400
alekksy folds
Uncalled bet of 1,400 returned to PiranhaFlower
PiranhaFlower mucks
PiranhaFlower wins the pot (3,520)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,520 | Rake 0
Board: [5h Js Qd 9s]
Seat 1: Chip Jett didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: imabigkidnow (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: SwoopAE (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Jonny Big Cash (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: alekksy folded on the Turn
Seat 7: PiranhaFlower collected (3,520), mucked
Seat 8: Madame Maria didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: Surfbum4life didn't bet (folded)

Last edited by SwoopAE; Feb 05, 2009 at 7:29pm.
Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:33pm   #14
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Fold Swoop. Easy fold. Playing trip aces is only appropriate in limited circumstances, and that deep, and in a donkament, is NOT one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:34pm   #15
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Did you see that it's Hilo and I have a three and one suit and because I have three of the four aces there's a much smaller chance one of them has A2xx and therefore my low is best with the overpair for hi?

Obviously it's a fold in PLO

I can see why you would make a case not to repot this deep but it's at LEAST a call imo? There are a lot of flops I can hit where I have massive equity? Right?

Back to the starting stack and chipping up easy in soft pots. Got moved off the sharky table with the red pro and ftops winners and it's a fishpond at my new table. Got all in with a nut high and 2nd nut low just before and chopped vs nut low and 2nd nut high.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Feb 05, 2009 at 7:45pm.
Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:43pm   #16
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

In hi/lo it's still ugly, but a call is okay I suppose. A raise though is pretty bad. Remember, you can't really take it down preflop all that often in any omaha variant - so you're going to have to play post-flop with one hand tied. It helps (but only for the low) that you have almost all the aces, but that only makes it a call imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:46pm   #17
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

You're probably right but I think if I have 3k instead of 5k and I can pot to commit on the right flop then it's a repot here. It's pretty much a race to get all the fish's chips early in this tournament since half of the players are all roughly the same skill level and the other half are dead money.

Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:49pm   #18
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Sigh, I just got quarted in a nut low/good high vs nut low/good high spot. Fortunately he was short. Down to 60% of starting stack early. Not cool. Please to not be getting quartered anymore?

Last edited by SwoopAE; Feb 05, 2009 at 7:52pm.
Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:52pm   #19
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Don't have time to think about that hand. I thought it would be clever to sleep in a bit and sit out for the first 40 minutes. I've played all of one pot so far.

Last night was ugly. I made the final table of the 20k, but that's it, got like 6th there. I definitely made a little money, but nowhere near as much as I might have with that much equity.
Old Feb 05, 2009, 7:55pm   #20
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Nevermind, back to 3700 after a fish gave me monies drawing to 1 out. Was down to 2500 there for a moment.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Feb 05, 2009 at 8:03pm.