THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 05, 2009, 10:09pm   #1
Tyrone Shuz
Flop Artist

Tyrone Shuz
Default This is FUNNY!! (PL Omaha content)

OK, so my SNG filter wasn't setup (I had to reinstall the PS software, or it updated, or something).

I went to click on a couple $5 x2 tourneys (NL Hold 'Em) and lo and behold, I found myself in not one, but TWO PL OMAHA tourneys. OK, fine, except...

I DON'T PLAY THIS GAME!!

I sorta know the rules, and have watched an event or two on WSOP. I accidentally got in one a couple years back, and just bet really aggressively, and lasted a little while, but flamed out. I thought, "Oh lovely, there goes $10.40". I'm currently on the comeback trail from a real bad steak.

I won both tournaments, and had the largest stack both times!!

Some observations:

Three of a kind in your hand SUCKS!

Low pairs are worthless at a full table, and spotty heads up.

Sets happen all the time.

AA and KK are pretty dang common, but still good hands.

Two pair is VERY dicey!

Getting lucky: I had AA cracked by KK--there was a Kxx on flop and I went all in with AA--oops. Probably a bad shove, because any manner of two pair could have had me behind. Soon after, I had a hand that had an OE str8 draw and a FD. I was short stacked after the AA/KK debacle, so I shoved, and my opponent had the str8, but the flush hit. He derided me for going AI on a draw, and he was likely right, but again, I was short, impatient, and IGNORANT! But I won that one, and got some good cards along with some real aggressive betting and won the dang thing, and won the other one even easier!

I think it's a REALLY fun game, and I think I could be good at it, but I'd like to read up on it a bit more and ENSURE MY SNG FILTER IS SET from now on!
Tyrone Shuz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 06, 2009, 4:05pm   #2
WJF84
Brunson

WJF84 will become famous soon enoughWJF84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to WJF84

Last edited by WJF84; Aug 28, 2010 at 5:40pm.
WJF84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2009, 6:09pm   #3
Tyrone Shuz
Flop Artist

Tyrone Shuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF84 View Post
We all thought that when we first started playing PLO.

'fun' soon turns to 'soul destroying' imo.
Come to think of it, that's true of all the games! Once it starts to be a grind, or a vehicle for making money, it eats away one's soul.

Anyway, I'm guessing that the hand-valuations have to decrease by 1 level? That is, a pair in PLO is like A-high in HE, and two pair is like one pair, etc?
Tyrone Shuz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2009, 9:19pm   #4
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:

This. Very much this.

It starts off where you play a little PLO as a break from NLHE for a while. You're goofing around and having a laugh when some clown gets it in light vs your top set plus FD and wrap. You make 3 buyins like it ain't no thang.

Next thing you know you're 4 tabling without a damn clue what's going on but spurred on by the prospect of easy money. Then you get it in simultaneously on 3 of your tables. But disaster! Your set runs into a flopped straight (you fail to fill up), your 18 outer whiffs against top 2 and you're AI with aces preflop (but villain stacks you on the river with a runner runner flush). You stare at the screen, shellshocked by such brutal variance. Meanwhile, on your 4th table, you fold every hand for 45 minutes, scared to so much as limp for fear of the maniac behind you jamming the pot and sucking out on you.

Ah......PLO, it's a great game
Old Feb 06, 2009, 9:52pm   #5
queenie5
whore

queenie5 is a jewel in the roughqueenie5 is a jewel in the roughqueenie5 is a jewel in the roughqueenie5 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to queenie5 Send a message via Yahoo to queenie5

Dude, PLO? Flop quads or fold. That game doss not heart me.
Old Feb 08, 2009, 11:16am   #6
blackaces
Professional

blackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

so true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
ach kack fullring
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavv View Post
Gott hasst mich offensichtlich. Ich hasse ihn auch. Der scheiss Wichser.
blackaces est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 8:05am   #7
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I recently lost four buy-ins in my last PLO cash game adventure to a guy who raised 100% of hands preflop, repotted about 98% of the time preflop, potted the flop turn and river about 98% of the time and repotted the flop turn and river about 80% of the time.

He won 11 buy-ins in about 20 hands (yes, 11 buyins, at $50PLO) then lost it all back over about 150 more hands. I lost over 400BB in this time including running the flopped second nuts into nuts against the maniac, set over set and aces cracked preflop. Against the guy who literally raised and fired three barrels every hand. Fun times.

PLO is evil.

PLO8 on the other hand... <3

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote