THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Feb 15, 2009, 8:24pm   #1
thorgrim
Flop Artist

thorgrim is on a distinguished road
Default Poker Tracker Rocks!

Just started the free trial a few days ago. It has really helped my game. Even though I dumped a few buy in's right when I started using it because I got a bad case of FPS from the extra information. The biggest improvement has actually been from looking at my own stats. I thought I was playing pretty tight but was playing 30-40% of hands and now that I am being more careful around 20% I have started being profitable pretty consistently.

Any advice for how to maximize the features of poker tracker?
thorgrim est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:42am   #2
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Two biggest things that helped me:

1) Being able to analyze your own stats and decide if you are calling down to lightly, c-betting too much, playing too much oop, etc.

2) Putting basic stats (vpip/pfraise/3bet/agg/c-bet/fcbet etc) that you'll constantly be in situations to use easily at your grasp. It's so much easier to recognize a good spot to two barrel when you get to see that your opponent floats 70% of your flops.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:48am   #3
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Two biggest things that helped me:

1) Being able to analyze your own stats and decide if you are calling down to lightly, c-betting too much, playing too much oop, etc.

2) Putting basic stats (vpip/pfraise/3bet/agg/c-bet/fcbet etc) that you'll constantly be in situations to use easily at your grasp. It's so much easier to recognize a good spot to two barrel when you get to see that your opponent floats 70% of your flops.
Yeah right now on my HUD it displays (VPIP/PFR/AF/3BetPF/CallPF3Bet/C-Bet/FoldCBet/Attempt to Steal)

Works great for me. Covers the most common and basic parts of the game.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:36pm   #4
shabak
Doyle Look-alike

shabak is on a distinguished road

Do you use any of the reports?

I think I'm definetly missing alot of the features that poker tracker has to offer, in both finding my on leaks and studying other players game.

Is there good material to read on that subject?
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by shabak; Apr 30, 2011 at 8:29pm.
shabak est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2009, 9:40pm   #5
Kristuzz
Grinder

Kristuzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kristuzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kristuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbu3116 View Post
Yeah right now on my HUD it displays (VPIP/PFR/AF/3BetPF/CallPF3Bet/C-Bet/FoldCBet/Attempt to Steal)

If you don't mind me asking..? Haven't you gone through a lot of heat because U DIDN'T use tracking software?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 3:06am   #6
thorgrim
Flop Artist

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I seem to get the most help from being able to identify leaks in my game easier. I will definitely readjust my HUD to show some of the stats you have suggested.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 5:14am   #7
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristuzz View Post
If you don't mind me asking..? Haven't you gone through a lot of heat because U DIDN'T use tracking software?
No don't mind at all. I originally intended to use PT for the Play Money Prop Bet (we all know how well that went for me), and afterward I had a pretty bad run and decided to get PT3 and so far have been thrilled with it.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:01am   #8
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
No don't mind at all. I originally intended to use PT for the Play Money Prop Bet (we all know how well that went for me), and afterward I had a pretty bad run and decided to get PT3 and so far have been thrilled with it.
Oh you are back !
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 3:20pm   #9
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:

I'm kind of a stat junkie, but mine goes:

Name, hands / vpip, pfr, 3b, c3b, f3b, steal/ ag, af, cr% / c-bet, fcbet, turncbet, fturncbet / wtsd, river ag.

It's really fairly easy to use too. You have all you need pf and too make the most general reads in the first two lines. Flop/turn on the next line, and assessing vbetting and calling vbets on the last line. I've seen so many people leave off wtsd, but it's so invalueable for me in knowing whether or not to v-bet something or even to take a diff line (like checking a tp on the turn to get a call prone guy to make a hero call with second pair etc).
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:39pm   #10
thorgrim
Flop Artist

When configuring the HUD I don't see cbet. There is cbet flop, cbet turn, cbet river. Am I missing something? Maybe I should check the PT forum?