THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:31pm   #1
DTTTGTW
Fish

DTTTGTW has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Be smart and start like this...

Rule #1: Bankroll Management

Rule #2: BANKROLL MANAGEMENT! (*No, I can’t resist even the most obscure chance to reference Fight Club, so get use to it…)

If this blog goes on for 50 years and I post 15,000 quality posts, I promise that this is the one you NEED to stick with you if you want to succeed in this sport. PREFACE: If you find you’re the type of person that lets “pride” or “arrogance” seep into their decision making process, then I would highly recommend you: a) fix the glitch that’s causing this problem (and it is a problem my friends), or b) throw in the [proverbial] poker towel.

Even the best poker player in the world (that’s right, even [Insert Player's Name Here] can AND WILL go broke without appropriate management of his allocated poker funds). So let’s get this concept out in the open, decide to stick like glue to some basic guidelines, and “going broke” will be something you will only have to watch others (who shrug off rules 1 & 2) do.

The fact of the matter is, whether you’re a newly competent poker player or a seasoned professional, your monetary lifeline must be used appropriately. With proper bankroll management (which I’ll detail subsequently), players are able to comfortably play and increase their levels, take shots at exceptionally juicy games, and avoid the faux pas of a premature poker death (read: go bust).

*Note: The “guidelines” below apply to players who have a good handle on the game. They’ve played thousands of hands, practice concepts such as: table selection & playing in position, and so on… If you are not “there” yet, no worries, it’s only a matter of time & practice– so either practice at penny poker or the “for fun” tables until you’re comfortable with some of the novice concepts.

There’s REALLY no reason to “practice” at levels about $.02/$.04. Don’t make these early “lessons” any more expensive than they really need to be.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:40pm   #2
Jokeslayer
Wolfgame World Champion

Jokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud ofJokeslayer has much to be proud of

Bankroll management is for losers. No good being a poker winner if you're a life loser.
Jokeslayer est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:00pm   #3
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Someone's got an epiphany or just read his first poker book !
I agree its nice to learn new things and starting to feel you have an edge etc

but if your blog gets to 15000 and this OP is the best in it.... wooooooow your blog will suck badly for 50 years

There should be a super beginners section for this post

Even solid noobs knows that ;)
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:39am   #4
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

I have an excellent bankroll.

It's the roll of $100 bills I use to wipe my ass or blow my nose after a sad movie.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote