THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:03pm   #1
shendo
Doyle Look-alike

shendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura about
Default game 9 issue

so now that its over.

the pm garso sent me was one word in green.

villager

expopcorns first post was:

Quote:
#sigh# villager again.

Good luck all.
coincidence, subconscious, or intentional, it doesn't take much to infer something from that. i'm aware that green is the universal villager color. but i've never seen it used outside of naming people. if there was a previous common usage of villager in green, i haven't seen it.

perhaps some type of stated uniformity in pm'ing the roles might be in order?

the amusing part was acehole, who was the seer, noted the color reference immediately. as a shady user of tomfoolery, i assumed he had spotted it. but he was just making a joke.

either way, its tough to act like i didn't see it after it was posted. and everything stems from there. ironically, the other 3 people most likely to notice this, acehole/kc/swoop were all non-villagers.
shendo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:03pm   #2
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Ya, in this instance I don't think any rules were broken, as it's common knowledge that villager is green in pms. It's also common for people to say something like:

present, villager.

So meh.

But I'd be for having it standard that god simply posts as the beginning of the game what all pms looked like so people can't use them for anything devious, intentionally or not.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:39pm   #3
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

I would just like to say that there was nothing deliberate about this.

I think I would have made a very similar post whatever my role.

In fact in this game it would have been very easy to fake as I would bet that the wolf pm was

wolf

In this game it can be very easy to see things that aren't there in posts.

I think to prevent this the roles should be given with one word and no colour. This leaves no room for manipulation/misunderstanding in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 7:50pm   #4
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shendo View Post
but i've never seen it used outside of naming people. if there was a previous common usage of villager in green, i haven't seen it.

it was used 2 games ago alot so i didnt even think twice when expop did this. your post on the other hand imo cleared you.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:04am   #5
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Yeah, it's standard to use colours like that. Last 2 games God has said no using red except to vote but otherwise colours are clean.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:56am   #6
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Next time i'm god i'm going to send each villager a different PM just to screw with them lol.

Also I don't think there was nay cheating this game IMO.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:49am   #7
Garso
Professional

Garso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond reputeGarso has a reputation beyond repute

So the thing why i allowed shendo to amswer to this was that i didn't think it was any advantage to anybody. Who was not able to figure ou that every role was sent out color coded should be hung imediately. So i never saw broken rules or advantages. Shendo pmed me abpout rule breaking by expopcorn and i allowed him to post whatever he wants because i didn't see how this could be an advantage to anybody as this could be faked anyways.
Garso est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:28am   #8
shendo
Doyle Look-alike

shendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura about

coincidental or not, i assumed kc and swoop would have picked up on this too. which is why i figured they were likely wolf candidates.
shendo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:44am   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

i actually saw what you posted as being a violation of the rules. otoh, i don't care for the no posting PMs rule, god's PMs are part of the game, therefore they are part of the bubble in which it is played. if god puts something in his PM that can be exploited, god fucked up, imo.

Kc
Old Jun 12, 2010, 9:44am   #10
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You know what would be fun to do as god?

Make a game with no wolves and really fuck with the village, then randomly kill someone every night and pretend a wolf did it

Okay, perhaps I shouldn't be allowed to play god in this game

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote