THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:23am   #1
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold
Default 3-bet AK oop

Looking for thoughts on how the AK was played. Assume the two callers are not unreasonable, but other than that, no really big reads on either as there aren't very many hands between the parties.

Table 'Pamina III' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: xxxxx ($148.10 in chips)
Seat 2: xxxxx ($227 in chips)
Seat 3: villain 1 ($203.65 in chips)
Seat 4: Villain 2 ($245 in chips)
Seat 5: xxxxx ($25.30 in chips)
Seat 6: xxxxx ($242.10 in chips)
Seat 7: xxxxx ($49.50 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero ($303.35 in chips)
Seat 9: xxxxx ($204.90 in chips)
xxxxx: posts small blind $1
Hero: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ks Ad]
xxxxx: folds
Villain 1: raises $6 to $8
Villain 2: calls $8
Hero: raises $14 to $22
Villain 1: calls $14
Villain 2: calls $14
*** FLOP *** [4c 7s 9c]
Hero: bets $45
Villain 1: folds
Villain 2: raises $73 to $118
Hero: raises $163.35 to $281.35 and is all-in

Villain 2 is left to decide whether to call all-in for $105 more.

Thoughts? (sorry no hand converter as I'm not a techie nit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?

Last edited by TWLLM; Feb 27, 2009 at 6:26am.
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:43am   #2
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker

Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road

I like three betting here pf, although I think it is too small. Problem I have is with the C-Bet. I don't like betting into two others here. Another thing is that when someone flat calls twice and then raises it sets off warning bells all over the place for me. Personally I only like the three bet.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 6:49am   #3
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

i dont play FR, but a 3bet here is std amirite?

i dont like the cbet much less the shove.. what could he possibly raise the flop followed by folding to a shove while only having a hundred behind? this is even worse without reads imo.

edit: tbh it looks like your folding out bluffs, thats about it.

Last edited by Red4Eva; Feb 27, 2009 at 6:52am.
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 7:00am   #4
WJF84
Brunson

WJF84 will become famous soon enoughWJF84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to WJF84

Last edited by WJF84; Aug 28, 2010 at 5:33pm.
WJF84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:10am   #5
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

But really, is he going to fold Jacks after putting in 70 bb's on an undercard flop? I doubt it. I'd go with like $32 pre, probably c/f'ing the flop 3way, and cbetting vs. a single villain based on his tendencies.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:43am   #6
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Ugh. A preflop 3b is standard but it's so small you price in absolutely everything and end up with a big pot OOP against 2 callers with poorly defined ranges. I think you're feeling obliged to c-bet but tbh I really think given the action you could justify a c/f here and let them think you just gave up on a squeeze that went bad.

As played with the c-bet I think you really have to give up once you're raised. You have no FE and given the 2x flat call from villain I don't think he raises here for fun.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:34pm   #7
shendo
Doyle Look-alike

shendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura about

Villain names?

You've repped AA-QQ well. Now its just a matter of whether they fold KK-TT ever. Some will, some won't. A very lot of times, they will flip over a set. Hopefully for your sake, its AcQc or something along those lines.
shendo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:51pm   #8
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

It looks about how I play it. However, I play at a lower level and am barely able to break even... So I am really trying to figure out the proper way to think through these types of hands at higher limits (where it can be assumed that the players are not comatose like they are at my levels).

That being said, I think you represent KK or AA here with the way you play it. The question becomes will people still call this re-raise all in with hands that you are trying to bluff? This is really read dependent, as it would be nice to know that the person you are essentially bluffing is able to make the fold. Obviously AA and KK are going to be calling. Any semi-bluff reraise (AK, AQ) is folding. I know facing the action, I am probably calling with QQ here some of the time. I probably even call with Jacks but that is because this kind of action doesn't really mean a lot on some of the tables at my level. That is pretty much the range here other then a possible set-mine that caught, which is obv. calling.

Is it totally wrong to think that the person who is calling and not raising pf has something like a medium high pocket pair (88-TT), and he was just going to try and take down the pot on the flop with a c/r of the original bettor's cbet, and then was tempted to call pre-flop hoping to hit the set that would most likely win a large pot given the pre-flop action? Or is 88-TT completely out of his range?

So I would put his range pre-flop on AA (trying to get cute with it, which I don't really like), KK (which also was playing cute, which I would assume less likely given the weakness KK has on and A flopped board in a 3-way contested pot, QQ (weakly played but starting to make more sense), JJ (overpair to the board is worth the flop raise and makes the most sense to me), TT-88 (mostly set-mining and not sure if valid), AK and if loose AQ, and then I would give a stardard player a chance that they were getting cute with a suited connector trying to change things up.

That is a pretty small range. AA-QQ is calling. JJ is pretty likely to call (although they don't like it). TT folds most of the time, 99 insta snap calls, 88 folds. AK and AQ folds. Suited Connectors/Bluff have to fold.

Is this range of hands realistic?
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 2:13pm   #9
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Lol at villain giving a shit about what you're repping - he's put in 60% of his stack against the PFR and is getting 4:1 on the call. He's not folding.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 2:33pm   #10
MADDOG
Brunson

MADDOG is an unknown quantity at this point

fold to raise post flop you got nothing theres nothing you can do but save your money
MADDOG est déconnecté   Reply With Quote