THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > PokerTips Lounge

Old Mar 04, 2009, 5:41am   #11
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Doing this is completely retarded, I think we have established this.

What, there aren't enough fish on Bodog if you want to endure lousy software for the fish?
3 table max blowz
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 04, 2009, 6:17am   #12
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondlife View Post
I'm willing to do whatever it takes and go through as much trouble if I can play at those poker sites that exclude United States. I'm looking at sites like Partypoker. If you are from the United States and playing at these sites, please let me know either here or via private message. Thank you very much in advance.
Why? I mean, there are plenty of fish on ps or ft or bodog or whatever other US allowing sites. Why is it so important to be on non-US sites? Really, unless you are playing 2/4+ I think you can still make a decent win rate as a good player on a place like PS. If you are playing higher than that for your living, than consider moving to Canada/Mexico for playing poker, and just fly back when you feel like being "home".

If you are playing 50nl or 100nl, than your winrate isn't going to be so drastically different that it'll be worth the hassle and potential legal problems.
Old Mar 05, 2009, 12:03am   #13
secondlife
Fish

secondlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank all for your valued inputs. I decided to stick to the United States friendly sites for now.

One last question, on these non-Us sites, you need to have a foreign ip address right? If you are register at these foreign sites with foreign bank account but you have an American ip address, you get into big trouble right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
secondlife est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2009, 12:14am   #14
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

You are almost certainly right about that, but the IP address is the easiest thing to fake. Just use a proxy like the one I suggested in my previous post. Other things are more difficult to fake, e.g. your phone number. You usually don't need it, but occasionally you do. I requested my first cashout from Party Poker to Moneybookers today, and some guy with an Indian accent called me on my mobile phone to verify that I'm the one who requested the cashout. I had to tell him my E-mail address and my date of birth.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2009, 3:13am   #15
secondlife
Fish

secondlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Fredik, thanks for the link that you suggested. It's greatly appreciated. By any chance, are you a US player playing on party poker?
secondlife est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2009, 2:44pm   #16
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

No, I'm a Swedish player who plays at Full Tilt most of the time, and sometimes at Party Poker.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2009, 4:35am   #17
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Why? I mean, there are plenty of fish on ps or ft or bodog or whatever other US allowing sites. Why is it so important to be on non-US sites? Really, unless you are playing 2/4+ I think you can still make a decent win rate as a good player on a place like PS. If you are playing higher than that for your living, than consider moving to Canada/Mexico for playing poker, and just fly back when you feel like being "home".

Their are problems with your alternative idea.

1. Mexico has a two year waiting period before one can move there.

2. One must also prove you'll be supporting yourself without taking a Mexican job.

3. If one jumps the border they'll send one to a Mexican prison for two years, rather than just kicking one out.

When I found out all these things about Mexico, I thought that we should abandon our "racist policies" and just copy the Mexican system

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2009, 7:11am   #18
Badsastard
Sick, Sober and Sorry

Badsastard will become famous soon enoughBadsastard will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Badsastard

Ermm...Guys, randomn poster comes on asking how to break the law and then asks if ppl are breaking the law.

Rearrange this sentence.

As F*ck Dodgy.

Where is the BanHammer when you need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
We're doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!

Last edited by Badsastard; Mar 06, 2009 at 7:21am.
Badsastard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2009, 2:42pm   #19
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Fredrik is the only guy he asked directly, otherwise he just asked how to break the law, which according to all action movies and shows, is not illegal
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2009, 1:01am   #20
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Ermm...Guys, randomn poster comes on asking how to break the law and then asks if ppl are breaking the law.

Rearrange this sentence.

As F*ck Dodgy.

Where is the BanHammer when you need it?
It's not against the law for Americans to play at the sites banning us-that is purely a rules violation of the site in question, for which they will close your account and steal ones funds-a good reason not to play there, even if they allow Americans again.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote