THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 09, 2009, 5:58pm   #1
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough
Default Ok, Lets flip it

My hand of the day... made me laugh

Obviously the 3bettor is the kind of guy that use nit or Tag as the ultimate insult and probably takes greaaat pride in playing every hand that can made a str8 or a flush

Seat 3: LASCONI4 ($552.60 in chips)
Seat 4: TropSolide ($754.40 in chips)
Seat 6: tinkivink ($461.80 in chips)
Seat 9: xHlorinx ($430 in chips)
Seat 10: LasseBoll ($369.40 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
LASCONI4 posts small blind ($2), TropSolide posts big blind ($4).

PRE-FLOP
tinkivink folds, xHlorinx bets $14, LasseBoll calls $14, LASCONI4 bets $50, TropSolide bets $120, xHlorinx folds, LasseBoll bets $355.40 and is all-in, LASCONI4 folds, TropSolide calls $245.40.

FLOP [board cards: 5D,2D,JC ]

TURN [board cards: 5D,2D,JC,5C ]

RIVER [board cards: 5D,2D,JC,5C,TH ]

SHOWDOWN
LasseBoll shows [ 6H,7H ]
TropSolide shows [ JS,QH ]
TropSolide wins $801.80.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:10am   #2
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

You are bagging this guy out for playing this way, but at least he is the aggressor.

I don't think calling off your cash with queen jack is any better than shoving with 6/7.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:27am   #3
Lolercaust jnr
Flop Artist

Lolercaust jnr is on a distinguished road

what glockers said lol @ calling off with qj.
do you really think there is enough equity in your hand to call off here honestly?? this has to be -ev???

Last edited by Lolercaust jnr; Mar 10, 2009 at 5:31am.
Lolercaust jnr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 6:44am   #4
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockers View Post
You are bagging this guy out for playing this way, but at least he is the aggressor.

I don't think calling off your cash with queen jack is any better than shoving with 6/7.
head asplode

QJ made it 120 = not folding = being the aggresor as he put in the last (effective) bet

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 7:02am   #5
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I know everyone but LASCONI4, is that you?

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 2:46pm   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Hands like these occasionally make me think high stakes players are retarded, like watching Sammy and PA play with a flush draw vs top pair for a thousand BBs and watching Durrrr 5bet with K5 and stuff.

I mean, I know it's metagame but sometimes I wonder if they're just terrible. No wonder Mark Vos destroys people shortstacking with his hit n run efforts.

FWIW 76 should not have fold equity here with these stacks and the shove is significantly worse than calling off with QJ

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:06pm   #7
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Im TropSolide obviously

LAsconia is the new Leijk BB, playing 40/30/2 15%3bet if I remember right.

when Co opens button calls and he 3bets from the Sb 4betting cold there is like printing money, so the 4bet in a vacuum is no doubt +EV. Anyway I think its just bad to have only value in your 4bet there
Im sure the 67s guy tought I was a huge fish too when I snap called thinking lol 8s

Obviously Im only calling off that guy folding vs the 2 others...
Should have mentionned the backraiser was bad and aggro, like 45/20/ 6%3bet.
Id fold vs a good opponent because in that spot Im sure a lot of good players knowing Lasconia would laugh flat there with monsters on the button, since he probably squeeze 25%+ of the time in that exact situation

And yeah, Im sure I have 30% equity there... I tought it was a medpair soooo often ( see title )
Im definitively not high stakes material but its easy to understand its not about being retarded, its about being able to put a lot of money in in marginal spots if you need to, trusting your read... having a huge BR to back you up and not caring about a BI etc Thats why the higher you play the more aggro it gets

I also think that pushing there with a medpair is very marginal but probably ok if he realizes whats happening ( unlikely ) but a lot worse to push 67 than my call since he doesnt look huge at all and Ill make a pot odds gambol call so often and very wide

Last edited by Gus; Mar 10, 2009 at 5:11pm.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:11pm   #8
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
I know everyone but LASCONI4, is that you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Im TropSolide obviously
Wait, wait, wait......do you mean that you two have been playing together all this time and you had no idea?

PT3 / HEM stats on the table gentlemen - who's ahead?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:13pm   #9
Gus
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post

I mean, I know it's metagame but sometimes I wonder if they're just terrible. No wonder Mark Vos destroys people shortstacking with his hit n run efforts.
I feel all warm inside that you compare medstakes to nosebleed
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:16pm   #10
Gus
Professional

We know we play in the same games but I dont know his screename at the moment... I migrated to a new skins a few months ago and my new sn didnt come up. Its pretty easy to change your table name on Ongame

Whats your new sn BB ?

Lol Beaks I just realized what you were asking... Good question! We probably played 2K- hands toghether so we'll have to ask Miss Variance I guess