THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:33pm   #1
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strange hand at 5/10

This is live hand from 5/10 FL. Mostly this is just a story.

The table has been very loose. I'm dealt 4c6c in the BB. One raise in MP and there are 4 callers to me. I call and one EP limper calls. We see the flop 7 handed.

Flop: 3h 5s 7h. (pot: 7 BB)

I bet, a couple callers around to a maniac on the button that raises. I re-reraise, the callers call (the table has been that loose), maniac caps, everyone calls.

Turn: Qs. (pot: 15 BB)

I bet. Two callers. Manic raises, I re-raise, callers fold and then the fun begins. Once it's heads-up there is no cap at Foxwoods so we re-raise each other back and forth 14 times. When I have one BB left the maniac just calls me.

River: Kh (pot: 45 BB)

Yuck, but I have one BB left so I throw it in and the maniac folds grabs the rest of his chips and walks away while muttering something.

So mostly just a funny hand but after say 6 or 7 raises on the turn I was a little worried he could also have 46 and be free-rolling me with one of the flush draws. I decided just to get it all in because he sucked which was apparently correct, but in general should I give him credit for the same hand at some point and stop raising since I have no outs to scoop?

For you NL players, going past 5 bets in FL is very rare. I've been past 6-7 only maybe a dozen times and all but two of them were chops with nuts versus nuts.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:09pm   #2
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

If it's live, there is no point in stopping unless you have a good read ahead of time. The live players are just too bad to make it EV+ to slow down. Odd that he folded to your last bb.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:09am   #3
Powerman1983
River Rat

Powerman1983 is on a distinguished road

Apparently, I really need to find a way to get to Foxwoods.

For serious.
Powerman1983 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:57pm   #4
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman1983 View Post
Apparently, I really need to find a way to get to Foxwoods.

For serious.
Yes you do. It is like going back in time to online 2004.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:25pm   #5
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Yuck, but I have one BB left so I throw it in and the maniac folds grabs the rest of his chips and walks away while muttering something.

you should of offered him money to see his hand. I have no idea what he could have here, I am guessing a set?????

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 12:13pm   #6
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
The "damn whippersnapper" folded for one BB-ROTFL

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2009, 2:18pm   #7
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post

you should of offered him money to see his hand. I have no idea what he could have here, I am guessing a set?????
Maybe a set, nothing makes any sense. I'm wondering if he was sure I was going for the flush and just knew I got there. (not that that makes any sense either to fold to 1 BB but he had something!)

I don't recommend people ask to have folded hands shown without the unbeatable, unchoppable nuts. I have twice seen a hand where someone tossed there cards down to fold and the "winner" asked what he had. The "loser" complied and flipped his cards over and had misread his hand and had the winner in one case (missed that he caught a flush) and the same hand in the other (was going for a flush and missed that he caught the same 4 card straight). Since his cards hadn't been swept into the muck they were still in play. In one hand I think the "loser" may have known and was going to grab his cards back anyway to be an ass but the other hand the guy had no clue.

It seems unlikely in my hand that he caught his flush and didn't realize he was going for that, but why risk it - he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:37pm   #8
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

he had or

your worries about having the nuts w/o redraw are correct.

there was this one NL hand discussed on pokerrroad. There was just a tiny pot on the turn with 4 people in. the board was like and all 4 guys managed to get their (HUGEish) stack in. All 4 had the A, but oh surprise, one gut was drawing to spades and got there. haha.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:14am   #9
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

So you're allowed to fold on the river, show your hand, and then win the pot anyway if you had the best hand? lol live poker.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 2:52am   #10
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
So you're allowed to fold on the river, show your hand, and then win the pot anyway if you had the best hand? lol live poker.
No. The point is, if you called, you can't 'fold' your hand, you can only muck it. And it's not mucked until the cards enter the muck (hence, the name). The rule is there to protect against honest mistakes, angle shooting by opponents, and to preserve the natural outcome if the hand had been turned over. It's kind of a fairness rule, and sometimes its exercise is tied to the general discretion of the floor people to apply rules in a manner consistent with fairness and the best interests of the game. It's unnecessary with online poker because you can't muck a winner online - the computer will always 'turn it over' for you.

I'm sure though, now that I've explained that, someone will tell me that's only the rule in Canada because America's all about freedom or some such rhetoric.

Also, I agree with Boilermaker (ldo) that it's good policy not to ask to see hands, both because you don't want someone to by accident reveal a winner, and because it's rather rude except when done very sparingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote