THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 03, 2009, 11:00pm   #1
kyo3030
Flop Artist

kyo3030 is on a distinguished road
Default How standard is this?

Stage #1350346206: Holdem No Limit $0.50 - 2009-04-03 17:39:26 (ET)
Table: HELENA AVE (Real Money) Seat #8 is the dealer
Seat 8 - SATANACES ($16.40 in chips)
Seat 9 - ZULO99 ($19.25 in chips)
Seat 1 - SHYNDAI ($53.55 in chips)
Seat 2 - JAHANGI ($100.90 in chips)
Seat 3 - TUMTUM972 ($38.07 in chips)
Seat 4 - STARTTODAY ($17.45 in chips)
Seat 5 - 91POOPHEAD ($27.75 in chips)
Seat 6 - JUDUSFERGIE ($51.90 in chips)
Seat 7 - RWXIANG ($22.95 in chips)
ZULO99 - Posts small blind $0.25
SHYNDAI - Posts big blind $0.50
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to STARTTODAY [Kd Kh]
JAHANGI - Folds
TUMTUM972 - Folds
STARTTODAY - Raises $2 to $2
91POOPHEAD - Folds
JUDUSFERGIE - Folds
RWXIANG - Folds
SATANACES - Folds
ZULO99 - Calls $1.75
SHYNDAI - Calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [5d Jd 4h]
ZULO99 - Checks
SHYNDAI - Bets $6
STARTTODAY - All-In(Raise) $15.45 to $15.45
ZULO99 - Folds
SHYNDAI - Calls $9.45
*** TURN *** [5d Jd 4h] [5s]
*** RIVER *** [5d Jd 4h 5s] [Jh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SHYNDAI - Shows [5h 4d] (Full house, fives full of jacks)
STARTTODAY - Shows [Kd Kh] (Two Pair, kings and jacks)
SHYNDAI Collects $34.60 from main pot

The only thing I can think of was that the all in might have been overzealous, but I think I was too short to do much else. Or should I have somehow known he called with 54o
kyo3030 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 04, 2009, 12:48am   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

it's a normal hand of poker, doesn't get more standard does it

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2009, 1:02am   #3
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I think I saw a hand even more standard, once
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2009, 1:06am   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

To OP, you had very few chips left and you had an overpair on a drawish board. Very standard, your play was fine, and there's really nothing you can do about that, unfortunately. Better luck next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
I think I saw a hand even more standard, once
You've only read one post by Swoop or Kid Hustlr?* I envy you sir.

*Or my 5-card post, ldo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2009, 1:58am   #5
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

This is actually my favorite suckout

Snaggle dealt 99 bets the pot

called by luckbox with AQ

Flop: 9xQ-Snaggle bets the pot, luckbox calls

turn: A-Snaggle slides the bar, luckbox calls

River: A

Luckbox wins buy in, Snaggle...friggin nines! They always do this to me!

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2009, 5:43am   #6
KrappyKonnect
Professional

KrappyKonnect will become famous soon enough

Buy in full or play lower.
KrappyKonnect est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2009, 6:18am   #7
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Bad raise, his line is an obvious better hand than yours. See Joey's post on how to properly fold hands that are too good.

You are terrible at reading hands if you didn't know he had a five of hearts and 4 of diamonds.
Old Apr 04, 2009, 1:50pm   #8
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Kmay-the wolf leveller:
Bad raise, his line is an obvious better hand than yours. See Joey's post on how to properly fold hands that are too good.

You are terrible at reading hands if you didn't know he had a five of hearts and 4 of diamonds.
Common on it is not! There were no implied odds for Shyndai to call with 54o-that call was just retarded against a short stacker, almost as bad would be calls with 55 and 44. Shyndai's logical range is: AA-JJ and AJ and flush draws-he was ahead of most of his opponents logical range-this hand is just a slight cooler.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2009, 4:45pm   #9
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Common on it is not! There were no implied odds for Shyndai to call with 54o-that call was just retarded against a short stacker, almost as bad would be calls with 55 and 44. Shyndai's logical range is: AA-JJ and AJ and flush draws-he was ahead of most of his opponents logical range-this hand is just a slight cooler.
But you have to include that you know, even if you are up against a two pair, he is going to fill up and get lucky cause it's jokerstars. Given that, it's an easy fold. Fold pf even imo. Insta muck or you suck at pokers.
Old Apr 05, 2009, 3:31am   #10
kyo3030
Flop Artist

kyo3030 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Fold pf even imo. Insta muck or you suck at pokers.
Finally, the voice of reason!
kyo3030 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote