THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 16, 2003, 5:19am   #1
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone
Default Absolutley Amazing

I saw this flop, and knew that anyone with an ace would call me, so I made my move.

The guy who called me, caught his four of a kind on the river. What are the odds? I'm just glad it was a $10 buy-in, 'cause that could've cost me a LOT of money.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 16, 2003, 5:19pm   #2
HalAshton
Brunson

HalAshton

For my fisrt sit and go $5 buy in, I had AA on the second hand. The flop was 6A6 so I was able to force a single 6 all in before the turn. Well the turn was the case 6 and I was beat. He later went on to place second. Well I wasn't discoraged and played another sit and go...after missing a few flops I played fairly shortstacked, I stayed out of the major messes to try to keep myself in the hunt for the $$$$. We got down to 4 people and I was the short stack...caught some cards and emilinated them myself one by one.

I think you made a good play ozone, the only thing I may have done would be to make a pot bet to see if the other two aces are active. twodimes.net has the hand 77% to 23% in your favor almost regardless of what someone else has unless it is A3s in which case you are an expensive dead hand.
HalAshton est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2003, 12:13am   #3
whalemangler
Doyle Look-alike

whalemangler

Why did you go all in there? What if noone has an ace? You lose money.

Slow down that and see who has what. People with aces will try to suck you in andyou can always go all in later.
whalemangler est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2003, 3:33pm   #4
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

If no one had an ace, I wasn't going to get much money either.

If the flop was 773, I wouldn'tve done it, but because it was AA3, knowing that hardly no one folds and ace in the hole, I knew someone would have one...and I was right. Most of the people in those rooms call A4 offsuit, etc. I don't...but most do...therefore I was very confident the ace was out there, and I was right. It's just too bad that the other one was waiting to show himself on the river.

-Kramer

Old Oct 19, 2003, 5:20am   #5
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Redemption!!

It took a few days...but it came.

-Ozone

Old Oct 23, 2003, 2:34pm   #6
Mr_B1ing
Flop Artist

Mr_B1ing

Whats up Ozone. we need to get on and play a few tourneys again... One comment about your first move (3s over Aces) Your arguement about someone holdig an ace is sound, but why not milk it out a while... If you check this hand chances are low you will get out drawn so why not check and let the guy with high cards stay in and catch his King on the turn then he is likely to call another small bet... Also by going all in with only less than 200 in the pot any good player with an A + low kicker may not think the odds are good enough to risk their entire tournament. He/She also realizes that nobody dropps Aces especially A10-AK so they may put you on one of these hands and fold. This is definately a hand to slow play. By slow playing you DO stand the chance of getting burnt, but the odds are in your favor that you will win. Why double up when you can get 2.5-3 times what you have in chips by slowly milking a few people till the river or turn and then making your move..

A few years back I was playing in Vegas at Excalibur and was hovering about even, playing a 2-6 spread limit game when the exact same thing happened to me except the flop was QQ3 and I held 33. I was in first postion and led out with a 6 dollar bet thinking that anyone with a Q would be calling me virtually dead. Everyone folded and the dealer looked at me and just said "Somehow they always know" Of course he assumed I had the Q little did he know! I lost alot of money at that hand, becuse chances are, had I checked someone would have tried to represent the Q and buy the hand, but I would have been there to bite them.. Live and learn.. Live and learn..
Old Apr 11, 2009, 6:52am   #7
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Bump from page 134

I love reading old posts.

Ah, the good old days.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:01am   #8
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

what are the odds seriously tho?
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:06am   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

50/50 obviously, it either happens or it doesn't

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:14am   #10
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

wat
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote