THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > PokerTips Lounge

Old May 13, 2009, 10:26pm   #1
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone
Default Promotion: Pacific Poker Mixed Game Tournament League - Over $1,800 in Added Prizes

Pacific Poker is holding a Mixed Game Tournament League exclusively for our readers. I have posted full details about this league in this news article.

There will be three $10+$1 buy-in PLO events (each Wednesday starting May 20th) and three $10+$1 buy-in NLHE events (each Thursday starting May 21st). The top four finishers in each of these events will receive points in the following manner:

1st place: 100 points
2nd place: 60 points
3rd place: 40 points
4th place: 25 points

At the conclusion of the six events, the ten players with the most points will be invited to participate in a championship event on June 10th where finishers will receive the following prizes:

1st place: $888
2nd place $444
3rd place: $88
4th place: $88

The player with the most points at the conclusion of the six preliminary events will get to choose which variant is played in the championship event, PLO or NLHE.

Additionally, players who win a preliminary event will receive a ticket to Pacific Poker's $20k Guaranteed tournament (a $50+$5 value). However, please realize that you can only win one of these tickets once. So even if you win all six preliminary events, you'll receive just one $20 Guaranteed ticket.

In order to be eligible to participate in this tournament league, you must have an account at Pacific Poker that you created through a link from PokerTips. However, as we've done in the past, if you already have an account at Pacific that you did not create through PokerTips, please provide me with your Pacific Poker screenname and I will forward it along to our contact and make sure he renders you eligible to participate in these tournaments.

As always, feel free to ask any questions you might have about this tournament league.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 18, 2009, 6:49pm   #2
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Bump.

If anyone wants to participate in this who has a Pacific account they created not through a link from PokerTips, I need your screenname soon in order to render you eligible.

Old May 18, 2009, 6:56pm   #3
Stepi
pro trapper

Stepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ozone,

a NLHE-tournament is already listed for today in 2h 35 mins, is that a mistake or does that count?

cause its not Thursday obv

Edit: oh, and its the only tournament listed so far, nothing on Wednesday or Thursday

Hand too strong to r/f, too weak to r/c, too strong to open-fold since pushing is massively +EV, so, by process of elimination, we arrive at my favorite play

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Last edited by Stepi; May 18, 2009 at 7:01pm.
Stepi est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 3:21am   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Tell your contact at pacific to move their damn all in button away from the other buttons

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 10:00am   #5
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Are all players that were involved in the previous promotion automatically allowed to register for these tournaments?
(It is summer in a few weeks, so I'll get back to the tables...)
Old May 19, 2009, 8:55pm   #6
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

If you participated in a previous promotion and do not have a Pacific account that you created through PokerTips, you still need to give me your screenname to participate in these events.

Tomorrow's event can be found under the Omaha Hi tab. Here is a screenshot:

Thursday's NLHE event can be found under the regular NLHE tab.

Old May 20, 2009, 8:16pm   #7
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Only 2 of us registered - I guess it will be cancelled unless we get more before it starts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 3:18pm   #8
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you have seen this, but this is pretty much just free money for anyone who can muster ten minutes of their time to get it. No participation in the first tournament. Not sure about last night. We're definitely not doing any more of these huge overlay tournament leagues though. It takes effort to arrange giving away all of this free money to our readers and I guess it's both a little disappointing and puzzling that there's never much interest in it.

Old May 22, 2009, 8:11pm   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute

I just realised this is TLDR and jumbled/incomprehensible but anyway...

Feel free to delete this if you feel it's too harsh or derogatory towards sites you're affiliated with.

Anyway

Some advice

1) No one wants to go through hassle, this means spreading their bankroll to no name sites like RedKings that no one cares about or and awful, awful sites like Pacific just to play the odd freeroll. Casual players have to deal with sending PMs, downloading through specific links, multi-part tournament leages or unlock x bonus by earning y points promos. It's complicated. Casual players do not like/understand complicated. Hell, I barely understand how half of your promos work and i'm a regular poster and serious player. Also, often the first prize is something like $100 and you have to jump through hoops (turn up for multiple tournaments, win x freeroll, deposit and earn y points, etc) to get it. It's just not worth the hassle for regular posters and it's too complicated for new posters.

If it's a no hassles sign up, enter code when you deposit and get entry into a PTips only sat for a WSOP seat/PokerNews Cup package/EPT event/etc. on the other hand... well, some of us might make the effort.

2) If you want turnout, get some contacts at Stars and Tilt because we all already play there or wouldn't mind playing there if given incentive and run promotions there. There's a reason they are the two biggest sites and it's because they have the best software/traffic/structures and least complicated bonuses.

or

2b) Make the freeroll a one off event rather than series of events or series of events + achieve goals x y and z to get money and make the prize a single prize but something worth getting. If it's a 2k freeroll, don't try and give $10 to 200 players, give $2000 to 1 player who wins the 1 event. If it's a 10k freeroll, advertise that it is a free world series package for PTips readers only or whatever (hell, Pokernews Cup packages are cheap, get one of those to give away)

That will get turnout.

In conclusion, the sites that you are organising these events on suck and no one has any desire to play there more than necessary and in addition, my assumption is that the promotions are not enticing enough for regulars (eg. Me, Skeptix, Kid Hustlr, Bubbleboy, basically everyone with over 1k posts who doesnt play microstakes since it's only a couple buyins for us for any one single event and a big hassle if its a league like this one) and far too complicated for the forum lurkers/casual players/occasional site browser traffic people who you are targeting (I assume) to put in the effort to actually get themselves signed up for the events.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 8:28pm   #10
Stepi
pro trapper

Stepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
No participation in the first tournament. Not sure about last night.
Well, we were 4 people in the PLO and Pacific just cancelled it, and its nowhere mentioned how many we have to be to play it

Hand too strong to r/f, too weak to r/c, too strong to open-fold since pushing is massively +EV, so, by process of elimination, we arrive at my favorite play

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Stepi est déconnecté   Reply With Quote