THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old May 16, 2009, 7:08pm   #1
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82
Default FTOPS Sweat Thread May 16th

Today we got...

$266 NLHE

- 14:05
- $200,000 guarantee (well-covered)
- 5k starting chips, 30 minute blinds

$11 PLO Rebuy

- 16:05
- $35,000 guarantee (will definitely cover)
- R/A structure of 1500/1500/2000, 12 minute blinds

I'm gonna be playing a few alongside. The 34k on FTP, 22.5k on FTP, 20k on FTP, 21.5k on FTP, 20k on Stars, 80k on Stars

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 16, 2009, 7:11pm   #2
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I'm playing the 266 deepstack too. GL Skeptix and anyone else playing today.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 7:28pm   #3
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of

Added the 19.5k on FTP, if I don't bust a table by 15:30 I will un-reg from 20k on FTP.
Old May 16, 2009, 8:07pm   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

4855 at first break. Very uneventful table full of TAGs/rocks, the main fish busted already and the only LAG/solid type guy is directly to my right so i'm hoping i'm at this table for a long time.

Haven't been involved in a major postflop pot yet; took one down with a cbet and check/folded another. Very uneventful.

Old May 16, 2009, 8:16pm   #5
skeptix82
Making Monies

Haven't really had anything so far. Blinded away to 4545 a bit after the first break.
Old May 16, 2009, 8:24pm   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

First noteworthy hand: it's easy to look like a genius when you flop the nuts...

Full Tilt Poker Game #12255365766: MiniFTOPS Event #22 (84244414), Table 95 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:21:34 ET - 2009/05/16
Seat 1: Resorb (6,590)
Seat 2: superpitch (5,903)
Seat 3: misprint (4,230)
Seat 4: dcsk83r (12,334)
Seat 5: SwoopAE (4,675)
Seat 6: herocall522 (5,745)
Seat 7: TotalScience (9,827)
Seat 8: TwistedEcho (3,127)
Seat 9: donivan31 (7,031)
TotalScience posts the small blind of 20
TwistedEcho posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Kc Ac]
donivan31 folds
Resorb folds
superpitch calls 40
misprint calls 40
dcsk83r folds
SwoopAE raises to 200
herocall522 folds
TotalScience folds
TwistedEcho folds
superpitch has 15 seconds left to act
superpitch calls 160
misprint calls 160
*** FLOP *** [8c 6c 7c]
superpitch checks
misprint bets 375
SwoopAE has 15 seconds left to act
SwoopAE raises to 900
superpitch folds
misprint raises to 4,030, and is all in
SwoopAE calls 3,130
misprint shows [4h 5h]
SwoopAE shows [Kc Ac]
*** TURN *** [8c 6c 7c] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [8c 6c 7c Td] [6s]
misprint shows a straight, Eight high
SwoopAE shows a flush, Ace high
SwoopAE wins the pot (8,720) with a flush, Ace high
misprint is sitting out
misprint stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8,720 | Rake 0
Board: [8c 6c 7c Td 6s]
Seat 1: Resorb didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: superpitch folded on the Flop
Seat 3: misprint showed [4h 5h] and lost with a straight, Eight high
Seat 4: dcsk83r didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: SwoopAE showed [Kc Ac] and won (8,720) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 6: herocall522 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: TotalScience (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: TwistedEcho (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: donivan31 didn't bet (folded)

I actually thought villain had a set a lot when he led on a board of that context (since overpairs are unlikely with preflop, I have Ac in my hand and he probably checkraises a flush) so I felt I have to raise and leave him room to shove over me.

I was close but fortunately, villain was drawing dead instead.

Old May 16, 2009, 8:32pm   #7
skeptix82
Making Monies

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptix82 View Post
Added the 19.5k on FTP, if I don't bust a table by 15:30 I will un-reg from 20k on FTP.
I meant at 16:00 and from the 22.5k
Old May 16, 2009, 8:36pm   #8
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

First time i've folded QQ pre in, well, a long time. I almost flatted for this very reason; I have no idea what to do if he comes back over me. I'm pretty sure JJ/TT/AQ would flat me here so he should have KK/AA/AK most of the time since he has shown no indication of being a maniac.

Problem is villain has only been at the table for six hands and has folded every hand preflop so far. I'm pretty happy with the fold, but it does suck.

The tank/reraise should be aces more often than not I think.

Full Tilt Poker Game #12255505718: MiniFTOPS Event #22 (84244414), Table 95 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:29:18 ET - 2009/05/16
Seat 1: Resorb (6,530)
Seat 2: superpitch (7,043)
Seat 3: SchruteFarms (5,620)
Seat 4: dcsk83r (12,274)
Seat 5: SwoopAE (9,545)
Seat 6: herocall522 (5,445)
Seat 7: TotalScience (9,827)
Seat 8: TwistedEcho (2,647)
Seat 9: donivan31 (6,211)
TotalScience posts the small blind of 20
TwistedEcho posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Qc Qd]
donivan31 folds
Resorb folds
superpitch calls 40
SchruteFarms raises to 160
dcsk83r has 15 seconds left to act
dcsk83r has requested TIME
dcsk83r calls 160
SwoopAE raises to 560
herocall522 folds
TotalScience folds
TwistedEcho folds
superpitch folds
SchruteFarms has 15 seconds left to act
SchruteFarms has requested TIME
SchruteFarms raises to 1,444
dcsk83r folds
SwoopAE has requested TIME
SwoopAE folds
Uncalled bet of 884 returned to SchruteFarms
SchruteFarms mucks
SchruteFarms wins the pot (1,380)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,380 | Rake 0
Seat 2: superpitch folded before the Flop
Seat 3: SchruteFarms collected (1,380), mucked
Seat 4: dcsk83r folded before the Flop
Seat 5: SwoopAE folded before the Flop
Seat 6: herocall522 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: TotalScience (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: TwistedEcho (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: donivan31 didn't bet (folded)

Last edited by SwoopAE; May 16, 2009 at 8:39pm.
Old May 16, 2009, 8:42pm   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Sigh, nit catches his king

Still well above the average but the last 20 hands or so have sucked.

Full Tilt Poker Game #12255703111: MiniFTOPS Event #22 (84244414), Table 95 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:40:09 ET - 2009/05/16
Seat 1: Resorb (6,450)
Seat 2: superpitch (13,073)
Seat 3: SchruteFarms (6,705)
Seat 4: dcsk83r (12,054)
Seat 5: SwoopAE (8,415)
Seat 7: TotalScience (9,627)
Seat 8: TwistedEcho (2,547)
Seat 9: donivan31 (6,271)
TwistedEcho posts the small blind of 20
donivan31 posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Jd Th]
Resorb folds
superpitch folds
SchruteFarms folds
dcsk83r folds
SwoopAE raises to 120
TotalScience folds
TwistedEcho folds
donivan31 has 15 seconds left to act
donivan31 calls 80
*** FLOP *** [3d 7d 4s]
donivan31 checks
SwoopAE bets 180
donivan31 calls 180
*** TURN *** [3d 7d 4s] [Kc]
donivan31 checks
SwoopAE bets 440
donivan31 calls 440
*** RIVER *** [3d 7d 4s Kc] [7h]
donivan31 checks
SwoopAE checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SwoopAE shows [Jd Th] a pair of Sevens
donivan31 shows [Ad Kh] two pair, Kings and Sevens
donivan31 wins the pot (1,500) with two pair, Kings and Sevens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,500 | Rake 0
Board: [3d 7d 4s Kc 7h]
Seat 2: superpitch didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: SchruteFarms didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: dcsk83r didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: SwoopAE showed [Jd Th] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 7: TotalScience (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: TwistedEcho (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: donivan31 (big blind) showed [Ad Kh] and won (1,500) with two pair, Kings and Sevens

Old May 16, 2009, 8:55pm   #10
skeptix82
Making Monies

Well, looks like we'll cap at 6 tables from here on out. At the 2nd break we got 6065. This tournament will take forever, so chipping up slowly is fine.