THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:59am   #1
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of
Default Omaha Redline Results

So I lose a ton in pots without showdown in omaha.
In holdem I have a redline that generally trends up.

My Won when saw flop % also is much lower in omaha then holdem.

Do I have a problem or is more from the nature of the game (More multiway pots, stealing blinds is less successful, people call 3bets and 4bets with a much higher %)

Just curious of others results
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:12pm   #2
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Because of the nature of the game it is more about hand strength than bluffing compared to hold'ems bluffing opportunities
Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:55pm   #3
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

I dont know about that.... there are a ton of bluffing spots in PLO since you can credibly rep pretty much anything as the board changes. Hand values change drastically from the flop to turn to river. The floped nuts goes to a bluff catcher all the time

I agree there are pretty much no good preflop bluffing spots where in holdem there are a ton of good three bet bluff spots... but I think post flop bluffing and big bluffs on scare cards is very important. This is more in single raised pots though, pots with three (and four) preflop bets you pretty much just monkey in the money with any sort of equity.

I mean if I lose moneys in pots without showdown someone must be winning without showdown right? (and I realize its possible because of multiway pots that everyone could lose in pots without showdown)

Last edited by joeyjoejoejr; Jun 22, 2009 at 7:07pm.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:42pm   #4
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post

I mean if I lose moneys in pots without showdown someone must be winning without showdown right?
Yeah that makes sense but to win lots of pots without showdowns you will need to be playing more speculative holdings right? In Omaha these speculative holdings will constitute a smaller % range compared to hold'em.

It's probably possible to have an awesome pots won without showdown rate in Omaha but it wont be as awesome as hold'em due to more hands going to showdown