THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:58pm   #1
JoshuaSit
Brunson

JoshuaSit will become famous soon enoughJoshuaSit will become famous soon enough
Default Just Curious

Beside you pro's:

How many of you guys make enough online money to say:

make your car payment.

House or Apt.

just wonderin even though its none of my business.... lol
JoshuaSit est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 19, 2009, 9:50am   #2
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

someone playing four tables of $50 NL and making 4PTBB/100 hands will make on average ( assuming 320 hands per hour), that they're playing for 5 hours everyday, will make at least $1,920 on average and about another $480 from rake back=$2,400 in an average 30 day month. There are likely hundreds of PT part time grinders making that.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:16pm   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Off the top of my head, PTippers who make enough money to live off poker include Seb, Ozone, SwoopAE, Gus, Joeyjoejoejr, Bubbleboy, TWLLM, Red4eva, Kid Hustlr, Skeptix, KrappyKonnect, HHCMotu and a bunch of the Germans and maybe another 10 or 15 people who post here (listing everyone would take too long)

In other words, yes, it is possible to make money from poker

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 8:38am   #4
MalcomX
Professional

MalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond reputeMalcomX has a reputation beyond repute

Just check out the monthly result threads.
Then you get a good feeling, who makesa serious money here.

my stop loss is 2 broken keyboards. My PB is 4 broken keyboards in a day

"I was raised in this society, so there is no way
you can expect me to be a perfect person" (2PAC)
MalcomX est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 1:14pm   #5
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

july sucks
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:48pm   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

My July probably sucked more. 12 June to 12 July was probably about negative 6-7k live and negative 500 online.

Back to the online grind for the rest of July and August and perhaps a conversion to cash games...

Old Jul 20, 2009, 3:02pm   #7
medhopz
Brunson

medhopz will become famous soon enoughmedhopz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to medhopz

don't do it swoop, keep grinding those tournys
if you move to cash games, who will answer to tournys threads?
medhopz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:06am   #8
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

I'll still answer MTT threads; it's not like i'm instantly going to forget how to play tournaments.

On that note though I will need a find a semi-coach to work on my cash games with me - still focusing on finding a new house and stuff at the moment and I have a week of contracting for my old boss next week but after that i'm going to hit the grind - still trying to decide whether to start as a winning 50NL player or marginal 200NL player.

Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:05am   #9
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
I'll still answer MTT threads; it's not like i'm instantly going to forget how to play tournaments.

On that note though I will need a find a semi-coach to work on my cash games with me - still focusing on finding a new house and stuff at the moment and I have a week of contracting for my old boss next week but after that i'm going to hit the grind - still trying to decide whether to start as a winning 50NL player or marginal 200NL player.
Swoopae $50 cash games are full of grinders right now. It's a lot harder for a tourney player to switch to ring games than it is for a ring game player to switch to cash. At tourneys I see mainly fish, even at SHNL I see about 3-4 grinders at the tables every time I play. LHNL is softer in my opinion and $100 no harder and maybe softer than $50 NL.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:22am   #10
KTC
Grinder

KTC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
than it is for a ring game player to switch to cash
Um, aren't ring game and cash the same thing?
KTC est déconnecté   Reply With Quote