THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Limit Hold'em and Miscellaneous Strategy

Old Jul 19, 2009, 6:59pm   #1
engstrok
Doyle Look-alike

engstrok is on a distinguished road
Default Software for Tracking Own Play in Mixed Games

Posted this in the main forum, but perhaps it belongs here.

Is there any piece of software out there that will process a 7-game (FT) or 8-game (stars) hand history? I'm particularly interested in being able to break down wins/losses for the individual games, such that I can transfer the data to an excel spreadsheet to see how I'm doing overall in the individual games of the rotation.
engstrok est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:58pm   #2
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

poker tracker and hold'em manager will both do that.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 2:24am   #3
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
poker tracker and hold'em manager will both do that.

They don't do mixed games.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:11pm   #4
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphros
They don't do mixed games.
One can get separate data for each of these games at the two sites, though true one would have to combine them oneself.

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:25pm   #5
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Except for 2-7 TD. Also on occasion I have had the FL HE and NL HE hands mixed up - some hands have ended up in the wrong area - I am using the old PT though (about to be redundant), so maybe the later version has sorted that. The wins/losses have been correct overall, but wrongly split between the two formats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:11pm   #6
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

I don't think HEM has stud games yet - Summer 2010 is their vague reply.

I think you are correct about being able to use PT to combine the histories - but unless they have a way to auto mesh them with tourney id - it will be time consuming and you can't have them as a seperate game tipe. Also for 8-game no one covers 2-7 and i'm not sure they will for a while tbh as its not widely played outside 8 game compared to the major stud/omaha/holdem varients.
Old May 07, 2010, 2:38am   #7
engstrok
Doyle Look-alike

engstrok is on a distinguished road

I posted this thread last summer, but I wanted to post an update.

Since I couldn't find anything that easily processed a mixed game hand history, I had a friend from work design a hand history processor that works on single game and mixed game hand histories.

Here's brief description of the program:

You upload hand history files to my friend's website (currently supports only stars and FT hand histories). The program processes the files and gives you:

1) total net win/loss
2) total time played
3) total number of hands played
4) net win/loss by game (so for HORSE, you'd get net win loss for all LHE hands, all O8 hand, all razz hands, etc.)
5) total time playing each game
6) total number of hands of each game played

I created an Excel template to very simply manipulate the data the hand history processor gives you. By simply cutting and pasting data from the hand history processor into this excel template, you get the following for overall and game-specific performance:

1) bankroll
2) total hands played
3) total time played
4) $/100 hands
5) $/hr

I've been using the processor for months now on my stars 8-game hand histories and it's definitely helped me get a sense of which games I need to work on most.

There's a demo version of the program on my friend's website. I won't post a link to it because that'll probably be considered spam, but if you're interested in the program and the excel template, feel free to PM me.
engstrok est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2010, 12:49pm   #8
pokerseeker
Fish

pokerseeker will become famous soon enough

I use HEM and think it's amazing, but I'm not making a case against HUDs just saying it might not be effective to improve your game. Also I just realized you might be talking about using it as a tool to look through you own sessions in which case I think a tracker is a necessity.
pokerseeker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2010, 1:46pm   #9
sexypokerfan
Flop Artist

sexypokerfan will become famous soon enoughsexypokerfan will become famous soon enough

Is the tracking software you all talk about is the one that datamines? The very one that is not allowed in FTP and PokerStars? Just asking... I'm a newbie, you see.
sexypokerfan est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2010, 7:36am   #10
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexypokerfan View Post
Is the tracking software you all talk about is the one that datamines? The very one that is not allowed in FTP and PokerStars? Just asking... I'm a newbie, you see.
No Data mining is against stars TOS.

HEM and PT only allow you to get information from tables you are sitting at.